Numerous questions about iOS 4.0/4.1 Theming

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by albatross, Oct 11, 2010.

1. albatross

albatross New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Before I begin...YES I did search the forums before posting. I'm not a newb.

These questions are about iOS 4.0 and 4.1 and the changes made to the file system and theming capabilities.

1. Is there a pre-made theme with all the changes in it, already? Kind of like a template to work off of.

I know about this link: https://spreadsheets0.google.com/lv?key=0AnOF-8CLhf8tdEEtNi1aVWR2bnlWbUdSQXNLd0lyRGc&f=0

It has all the changes to the images and their original file names/new names, but it doesn't offer any other help.

2. What changed in the info.plist file? I noticed my old theme is no longer able to change the clock font/color or hide (using transparent as the color) the Dock lables. Is there a full info.plist file with all the changes already in it?

3. Why, after I changed the images to the new name structure, do some apps still show original iOS images? (i.e. original Carrier Logo instead of themed logo) Have I missed a step?

4. Where can I find (or how can I add) an 8 icon dock? I had this, previously, with Supreme Preferences or with 8icondock.deb from Cydia. All there is, now, is '5 icon dock' and Infinidock which, sorry...not really into scrolling my dock. I'd rather have the ability to see all 8 icons for my theme. Could there be a way of editing a file in '5 icon dock' to have it show 8? (Again, I am not looking to use Infinidock. Props to the maker, but it's not what I am looking for.)

5. In order to make my theme compatible with iPhone 4 and iPad, do I need to double the size of every image? Are there differences to theming on the iPad versus the iPhone 4?

Thanks for your feedback. Included is a screenshot of the theme I am working on. It's a 4.x port of therealduckie's Leopard theme (full permission).

Attached Files:

2. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    1) Templates are usually called the 'Stock [insert gen here] OS theme". Note they are not always correct. You'll have to find the image on your own iDevice, use a stock or edit an existing theme you have downloaded. I suggest existing theme, because it's easier to know what each image does.

2) I don't know

3) Some images may have been moved, so you may need to use different bundle folders.

4) I haven't ever heard of that package. It was probably used for an older firmware. If it has not yet been updated, do not use it.

5) I believe you have add x2@ or something and add new bundles or whatnot.
  3. Codythatsme

Codythatsme New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    4. I saw your reason for not wanting Infinidock in your other thread. You don't have to scroll. Max icons per "Dock page" with infinidock is 10 icons. Im have 9 icons on my dock without scrolling at the moment. I know you said your not looking for it, but if thats the reason you can have more without scrolling.
  4. albatross

albatross New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah, I seem to recall it only allowing 5 per page during 3.1.3 days.

Maybe I will give it a try.