Numeric Battery Life Discrepancy between SBSettings And "Percentage Battery" theme

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by ritland, May 17, 2009.

1. ritland

ritland New Member

Hey All,

I have a quick question concerning the battery life on my Touch. I have "Percentage Battery" theme for Winterboard I downloaded from Cydia that displays the charge percentage on the lockscreen (see pic). I also have Numeric Battery Icon enabled under SBSettings. Both work, however there is a large discrepancy between the reported charge between the two. The lockscreen theme shows on average 14% more battery life than SBSettings. (see pic - the SBSettings Numeric Battery is on the Top Right corner). Does anyone know why this is? Which one is more accurate? Also, as a quick aside, does anyone know if there are any themes that allow you to change the SBSettings Numeric Battery Icon to a different style? Maybe something alone the lines of the way Mac OS X reports battery life. (see pic).

Thanks.

photo-1.jpg

Picture 19.jpg
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's because the lockscreen battery theme is approximate.
  3. ritland

ritland New Member

Ok, Thanks.
  4. Salmanius

Salmanius Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    When you make a theme for the battery you only get 17 pictures to do it with. Its not really an animation. Therefore, you cant have every percent all the way to 100, so you have to skip a lot of them. Well i hope that makes sense.