Nullriver Tuner

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JoeR, Jul 17, 2008.

1. JoeR

JoeR New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nullriver Tuner - No longer in the US iTunes Store

I just checked the US itunes store and the Tuner application no longer appears in the store. I searched for Tuner and again for Nullriver. What happened?

From Nullrivers Tuner web page, I clicked on Nullriver Releases Tuner for the iPhone. iTunes returned a message: "Your request could not be completed. The item you've requested is not currently available in the US store."
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Weird, i'm not seeing it either. Maybe Apple had it in for the Installer creators?

Edit: It's not in the Canada store.
  3. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You never know. Are there any other Nullriver apps in the App Store?
  4. MethodOne

MethodOne New Member

I haven't seen anything else from Nullriver.

Edit: I tried contacting Nullriver about Tuner, and I'm waiting for the response. I'll post the response here when I get it.

Edit 2: According to a post on the official Apple forums, someone said that Nullriver will post a new version of Tuner any time soon and Apple is getting flooded with requests for apps and updates of apps.

Edit 3: It's up right now. The price increased to $5.99 from $4.99
  5. JoeR

JoeR New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Tuner is back - Version 1.2

Nullriver Tuner is back in the Apple Apps Store as Version 1.2. The Apps store page shows numerous changes made to improve Tuner. The store also "knew" that I had previously purchased Tuner and downloaded an updated copy without charge.

Installing Tuner required a couple of syncs on my Touch. This sync "problem" appears known. My old bookmarks were retained.

Tuner works well; however, the volume remains low for the Vermont Public Radio BBC World Service feed I had previously bookmarked. I added Radio Netherlands feed from Shoutcast as a URL: link. This worked well and the volume is perfect.