NUFF with the FART machines!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by bimple, Dec 24, 2008.

1. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wow, I just looked at the apps that were released today and it seems like almost every other app was some sort of fart machine! Does the world really need more fart machines? One or two were cute, but come one! I think it shows a real lack of originality and innovation among developers - be original - come up with something else, PLEASE!
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you're right. it's as if developers are running out of ideas and taking other ideas and slightly changing them. There was so much originality at first but alot of dupes are coming along now. Well - we'll see what it's like in 3 or 4 months from now.
  3. SmoothTroopa

SmoothTroopa Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Slaughter time

i think apple should sloughter without mercy all those useless apps. Fart boxes , those apps like they make somekind of dictionary and they release 127 modified versions of it, iSmile kind of stuff, sh*tty games like dragon fury or apache lander, useles apps like its peanut butter jely time! iWedding, iShopping iBarfing
    iSleeping iNonsense iWillNeverBeUseful and the like
  4. Lupevalenz

Lupevalenz New Member

People tend to duplicate hot items hoping for a quick buck. I remember when there was a landscape email app and days afterward there was tons of them.
  5. sconethief

sconethief Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Seriously I could think of plenty more than a fart machine and its annoying when every ther app is a fart box :O
  6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    This happens with just about every way below average app that hits the app store:
    -Unit Converters
    -Pocket checkbooks (Finance)
    -Tasks managers
    -Fart machines
    -What's next...

Actually, it's getting pretty annoying, but it's the developers way of creating competition among each other (No matter how unneeded the application is).
  7. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Its funny how you guys are asking Apple to clamp down on Fart machines even though lots of you people scorn Apple for being too closed.
  8. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Exactly.
    It's funny, if you make an application right, no matter if there is already an application doing the same thing, it will get through. Apple really isn't that closed, they just want things done right.
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If it were truly closed, All Apps would be made by Apple or people under Apple's thumb. There would be no openly available SDK.

Jailbreaking would still be big as if it were the 1.1.X days.
  10. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Apple is not very closed at all, is there not 10,000+ applications in the App Store?
    All i can say after Teslanauts post is, enough said.