Nube question Touch 2G will it resume?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by feral, Jan 23, 2009.

1. feral

feral New Member

I am about to purchase the Ipod Touch 2 as it sounds like a great fun device. However, I listen to books on tape ripped to MP3 files and often find the files run as much as an hour long. This rwquires me to stop in mid file and restart. Does the Touch 2 restart or resume where you quit in an MP3 file???? This would be a deal breaker for me if it did not. I can't find the answer on the Apple website or with search on this forum. Thank you.
  2. 700 Sportsman

700 Sportsman New Member

the music doesn't stop, when you put it to sleep(push the power button), or when you push the home button, so if you just pause it and go to another app, or pause it and put it to sleep it will stay in the same spot

however if you shut it totally off (hold the power button, and slide to power off) it won't start up in the same place

so basically if you don't totally shut it off you'll be fine
  3. feral

feral New Member

Have the Touch 2G and love for Audio Books

Couldn't stand it so I went to the Apple Store and purchased Touch 2g 16GB. Found that to keep the audio books in their own group of files so they play end on end I use a Playlist for each book. Works great and I love the slider to move through a file and find my place if I loose it. Way better than any other MP3 player I have had.

I ripped a DVD to try a movie on my Touch and after a few starts and stops got it into ITunes. To Sync the movie into the Ipod I receive a message that it will delete the music files. I couldn't figure it out so I did Sync the movie and it deleted all the music files. I then went to Sync the music and it tells me I will delete all the other content. AGGHHHH!! I then manually loaded all the Playlists with my books back on so I have the movie and the books and I am happy. The question is why does ITunes erase the other content to Sync up new content????
  4. Aestysu

Aestysu Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    just Pug in yout ipod and tick manualy manage music and files.
  5. feral

feral New Member

Thanks,,,,BUT

I have done that, set it manual but the question remains why woud ltunes want to delete other content to Sync additional content?????? Movies Sync deletes Music files....makes no sense.......and Music Sync deletes Movies... go figure......
  6. Smelven

Smelven New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey not sure if this answers your question in the 1st post but uh...
    you can right click your mp3 books, click the options tab and check the box that says "remember playback position"
    this makes it so you can listen to part of your book. switch to some music and come back to your book where you left off.
    kinda like a movie