Npebea Virus

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by boboboert, Sep 17, 2008.

1. boboboert

boboboert New Member

So uhh I got this thing with a cartoon lookin dude on my ipod when I turn it on that says "npebea" and the "n" and the "a" are in like different lettering. Is it really a virus? Because when I put my ipod into my computer and put it into recovery it says "there is a problem and the ipod cannot be restored". Is there some way to fix this?

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: I tried to update my ipod to 2.1, before that I quickpwned it on 2.0.2 (beta version). It didn't the whole downloading firmware, extracting firmware, backing up ipod (took forever), and then started downloading, but it stopped and said that it couldn't be upgraded/restored and it would repeat that everytime. I can't get into the home screen and everytime i power it on the dude pops up for like a minute and the ipod turns off again.
  2. EMForce

EMForce New Member

what did you do before this happened? download something form cydia or installer or appstore or SSH something? little bit more detail please
  3. plokiju

plokiju New Member

Thats the recovery screen. Its Steve Jobs saying something in Russian. Just restore.
  4. boboboert

boboboert New Member

Like I said, When I'm restoring:

"The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. An unknown error has occurred. (1604)"
  5. ricktank1818

ricktank1818 New Member

Same thing!

I too have the same thing with my ipod touch 16 gig. ARG!!!! I had the same issue, it would go through the same steps- and then error with a 1606 or something like that. Either way, I have tried to go to the latest firmware, and even tried some older ones, but nothing works. NOW, I cant even get it into DFU mode and it wont recognize in Itunes- man- I think I am screwed. Anybody wanna buy a bricked ipod touch????? /cry
    Any suggestions???

please????

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    hahah thats a custom boot logo ^^
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I will buy your bricked iPod for $100.
  8. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    reinstall itunes and winpwn... i thats what you are using... this happened to me.... first three times tried to pwn 2.0
  9. havoc119933

havoc119933 New Member

same exact thing here...With me, my ipod stays at the "waiting for ipod" phase in itunes....I tried itunes 7.5, 7.7, and even 8.0....they all leave my ipod in that phase....should I just leave it for longer there....it lasted about 3 hrs there, so I decided to take it off...I have Windows, any suggestions..Please.. I already have a week like this...please help...