Now What?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by FoleyAwesome, Jun 29, 2009.

1. FoleyAwesome

FoleyAwesome New Member

Here's my lil story:

Got an Ipod Touch 2 Gen, updated it to 3.0

Jailbroke it

It has Cydia- whatever the heck that is

Now what?

Seriously, I'm not sure what to do- or even what the big deal was. Seems a majority of things haven't been updated to be compatible with 3.0, so I'm stuck.

I've heard a lot about customization; downloading apps (My main goal with jail breaking was to try and dl the free ones (facebook, pandora, tap tap) without being bothered with the stupid "We're apple and want your private and credit card info." Yea apparently you can get pay apps for free- don't care.

What do (can) I do now?

Thanks in advance

*edited as question seems to be answered*
  2. zrider91r

zrider91r Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    to make an account W/O giving info:

1. Sit your ass at the computer, and go the the app store.

2. find a free app and click Buy

then set up account and it'll get to the CC part and you can click something to not have to enter it.

there ya go. account w/o personal info
  3. FoleyAwesome

FoleyAwesome New Member

Thanks. I just thought there,d be a way to do an install those apps from the touch. Got limited Hadrian drive space on my comp and I don't like to keep files on there that aren't necessary. (since you have to have the file there when you sync or they get removed from the device)

So on to my next bit- customization. I've read a lot about using SSH and other programs to make all sorts of cool changes- anything that can be said about that? Is that what cydia is for or something?

(aside: did this post from my touch- things pretty cool for an apple product)
  4. ITBRTI

ITBRTI Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    As for your credit card security, that is easy. Browse the AppStore via iTunes and pick out a free App. Once it says "Log in" create a new account, fill out your email and such until you get to the payment options page. On the rightmost side, you will see "None", choose that.

SSH is basically going into the iPhone and changing things manually. You would use Cydia to install OpenSSH (if not already installed while jailbreaking) and that would allow your computer to access it.

Winterboard is the newest way to customize the look of the iPhone GUI (Interface) to personalize it to perfectly fit you.

E: Rawr just seen the edit, ohwell
  5. FoleyAwesome

FoleyAwesome New Member

Hey- thanks still. That explained things a lot clearer for me. kudos and props. While I understand that the google is your best friend on the internetz, sometimes it doesn't give you what you want to know. All this is very new to me, so I'm cautiously working through it.

*edit* thanks again for the account method