Now This is Just Ridiculous...

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by iPoTH4CK3R, Jun 11, 2009.

1. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All I can say right now is I'm irritated, very irritated.

Well, I have most recently been playing World at War on solo, a lot, attempting to obtain all the trophies (they are the exact same thing as "achievements" for all you 360 users) and get the platinum trophy for obtaining all said trophies. Well, I had managed to obtain all trophies exact all the "Complete on Veteran" ones, and that was what I was currently working on. All I had left to do was "Heart of the Reich" and "Downfall", and I would have finally (after about 2 or 3 months) obtained all the trophies and gotten my first platinum trophy.

Well, today all my dreams were crushed when treyarch decided to release a new update/map pack. I saw this, updated, etc. and got on with my game.

However, a little later on, I went to check my trophies, and notice that instead of the usual 80 or 90 something (forget what it was exactly) percent complete, I see a 60 something complete, so naturally I investigate this by looking at the trophies. I notice that they decided to add quite a few new trophies, which I at first thought was a cool idea to add more, because trophies are the only thing that keep me playing the single player on games.

Well, after further investigation of these new trophies, I notice that they all have to do with Nazi Zombies, but there is a tiny little catch to them. They are only availible on "Map Pack 2".

So basically if you want to achieve all trophies on World at War, you are essentially FORCED to buy the new map pack.

Now I personally think that charging for updates, add-ons, map packs etc. is just wrong to begin with, because I have already payed enough money for the game and why should I pay more for maps or features that should have been there to begin with?

I just can't believe that now if I want to continue on achieving all the trophies I'm going to have to fork out $10 to do so.

Discuss?
  2. bjlock

bjlock Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    id own you at waw
  3. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Dude, no. Just no.

Give me your PSN and I will destroy you, anytime.

Also, that isn't even on-topic.
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    If you WANT those trophies you have to pay. You're not FORCED to pay anything, you don't NEED those trophies, you just WANT em. If you want it so bad, fork the money over for the Map pack.
    It's either that or pay for an entirely new CD/DVD. Development costs money bub. Sure they add updates but also adding features and maps? Sounds like adding another game (Expansion) to me. Expansions have always costed money. Starcraft > Broodwar. Warcraft III Reign of Chaos > Frozen Throne. Age of Empires II > Conquest something something. This is the digital age baby, $$$$$. You should've bought the PC version.

BAWWWWWW.

Translation:

5. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Umm...that is EXACTLY what I just said? I specifically said
    for a reason, that way nobody could say "No one is forcing you to by it." Which I already know no one is forcing you, unless you want the trophies, in that case, they are FORCING you to buy the map pack

Yes, I understand it costs money, but for $60 a game, I think you should at least get a map pack for free or something, maybe charge for all others after that, but at least one for free as a thank-you. I also don't understand why the console couldn't take the same approach as the PC, and just get someone to sponsor the map packs, in order to give them out for free.

I Guarantee you that there would be companies out there willing to pay big bills in order to make the map pack free and say "World at War Map Pack 2, brought to You by Mountain Dew" or something of the sorts.

And finally, please inform me of how saying you're better than someone at a game has anything to do with p*nis size? Obviously you just have something else on your mind, tes.<3's 8===D
  6. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    just a game....
  7. jtjordan

jtjordan New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    go gators
  8. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This is funny... Why?

It runs like this..

Ipod touch firmware
    -1.0.0 free
    -1.1.1 free
    -1.1.2 free
    -1.1.3 complain
    -1.1.4 free
    -1.1.5 free
    -2.0.0 complain
    -2.0.1 free
    -2.0.2 free
    -2.1.0 free
    -2.2.1 free
    -3.0.0 complain...

Well I see no different between the two... the people here will say just pay for it to make you happy. Beside the update is paid because it is rewritten to bring you the best game play possible. Plus gt to the habit now... there is going to be in purchases in apps soon...
  9. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They do give you a map pack for free... all of the bloody maps on the disc. Would you rather they just took 3 off the disc and made them downloadable for free at launch giving you the illusion of free content? What you are saying makes no sense. Games don't have downloadable maps at launch because all of the content is on the disc. Anything they create after launch should not be free unless its a small update or it's using previously created assets. People are working and using resources on it and they need to make money. They're not going to work for free, are they? They should do it to thank you? Are you mad? They've just spent 2 years creating a multi-million dollar game for you.
  10. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yay i love fairweather fans that root for a bunch of gangbangers

in 4 years of Urban Meyers they had 24 arrest.... i love it.

Also 14 straight years of top 5 finishes in AP poll. If we had a kicker during that streak we would have atleast 4 championships.