Now that we know N64 is possible when does development start ?

Discussion in 'iOS Emulators' started by SPARTAN 294, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPARTAN 294

SPARTAN 294 New Member

me and my brother got an ipod touch for Christmas and we love SNES and N64 we grew up with them i was just wondering when will development start and when it could be done if zottd is out there this would be amazing if you could make this for us !!! and mayby a repo to go with it

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. [ß]

[ß] New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hes got his hands full already.
    maybe in time.
  3. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

no no no NO! this has been discussed many times! NOT HAPPENING!

f***, do some research. N64 = unplayable. get over it.
  4. SPARTAN 294

SPARTAN 294 New Member

uh dude someone already said N64 was possible it would just be really hard to play because of controls i have no problem with it and people like you make people like me leave forums like these so if i were you SHUT THE f*** UP
  5. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

*sheds tear

leave LOLZIEZ
  6. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

i dont understand y anyone would want to play a game, if the controls would be completley rediculous, your talking about putting like at least 6 buttons, one directional pad, a trigger, a joystick, and 2 bumpers onto one screen, and ppl b*tch about the gameboy emulator having the controls overlayed the screen, how the hell would you play n64?

also, the touch just simply doesnt have the power to run 3D games at an even bareable speed

just because the capability MIGHT be there, doesnt mean you should do it

im with AFX on this one
  7. spinner

spinner New Member

Well, I actually agree with AFX. Ya, N64 is possible, but who the f*** would wan't to play it with the damn controlls takin up the whole f***in screen? And another thing, just cause somethin is possible, doesn't mean the developer HAVE to make it! They're not duty-bound or anything! The only reason someone is making a windows 98 emu for me is cause I'm payin them $25. By the way, there's a saying: "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me" If your wittle feewings cant take so much pressure, go back to kindergarten where you belong!
  8. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    first of all, trying to run even project64, the best N64 emu out so far, on an old windows 98 computer (which my old win98 computer was 333 MHz with 128 MB of ram) was almost unplayable. the psp cant even run it at full speed, and it has a 3d processor. the ipod touch is only a little faster than my old win98 PC, with no 3d processor at all. and you want it to emulate a 64-bit processor and run at a playable speed? i think not. from my experience with the PSx emulator, even that cant run at full speed, how do you expect a system that runs twice as fast as it, with no ARM processor, to run smoothly. the only reason he even got a PSX emu going is because the PSX used a ARM processor, and so does the ipod touch.
  9. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Whoever said it was possible (at a reasonable frame rate) is talking out their ass. (And not in a funny way like Ace Ventura)

Once again, let me repost what I posted in yet another thread about this regarding the difference between a PSX emulator and an N64 emulator with regards to performance:

Bottom line, for the umpteenth time: It. Isn't. Going. To. Happen.

Period.
  10. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First off, we need to learn that not everything we hear is necessarily true. The only way that I would believe a n64 emulator was possible would be if zodttd (or another competent iPod programmer) directly said it to me.

Now there is no need to flame this guy, it would be much easier to explain that it is not possible. While with Apple's full support and complete access to the iPod there is a minuscule chance that we could get something vaguely playable, that would simply not happen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.