Now that I've jailbroken my ipod touch, now what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by Madox003, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Madox003

Madox003 New Member

I've just jailbroken my 1.1.4 pod touch using ziphone 2.6b....which worked perfectly. But I've been so concerned with restores, bsd errors, and spamming AT that I forgot all about what to install with the installer after the ipod's been jailbroken.

So could someone provide me with a step by step tutorial on what to do right after using ziphone?

Thanks!
  2. lilbrzboi

lilbrzboi New Member

Go into installer, install BSD SUBSYSTEM and BSD SUBSYSTEM termfix

after that your king of the jungle
    or at least my jungle

Please Register or Log in to view images

youtube videos shows you step by step instuctions on how to to stuff

i know your exited about your new ipod (i cant imagine) but go suck on some bolas and stop asking so much lol
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Do Community Sources, then refresh and add BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH, you don't need Term Fix on 1.1.4 and especially if you aren't usiing term-vt100. SUID Lib Fix and 1.1.4 Comaptibility App Patch would be next along with BossTool and BossPrefs. BossTool will allow you to move appas and fonts to create more space and BossPrefs will allow you to control SSH
  4. Whosthatrandom

Whosthatrandom New Member

Once you've done the above, then what you can do is look through the various categories in Installer (particularly Games, Multimedia, perhaps Toys) for applications that catch your interest. Oh, and for the ability to customize your iPod, you should add SummerBoard and Customize, both from the System category, then go about downloading some themes for it; I recommend the PlainJainDim Summerboard Theme, and the Designer Image Sets and the PlainJain set for Customize.

As for other apps to Install, I highly recommend you make an account on Last.fm and install MobileScrobbler from the Multimedia category, as well as the Last.fm Client for your computer. At first, you will just have to let the application send the songs you listen to the Last.fm website, but pretty soon it will get the hang of your music taste, and you will be able to get personalized "radio stations" streamed directly to your iPod.
  5. Madox003

Madox003 New Member

I have Summerboard, Summerboard (old)....but Customize is not listed. There's Categories instead.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    ipodtouched.net/repo.xml

Customize 1.21 custom 2
  7. Madox003

Madox003 New Member

Didn't allow me to install....require firmware 1.1.3.
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    add those repos and then instal the 1.1.4 Compatibility App Patch