Now, I'm scared.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Muffins, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Muffins

Muffins New Member

I'm a bit disappointed because I just got a message saying that my Ipod touch's warranty was about to expire, but I don't have the money to extend the warranty. My mom doesn't have the receipt to when she bought the Ipod. I'm just hoping that when the warranty does end that my Ipod touch doesn't stop working completely because paying 200$ for something that only lasts one year is a set up. My Ipod right now works fine, but from surfing the net, others said they had problems with their Ipod's and the warranty was expired. I was wondering, will that happen to mine's too?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

What problems did they have..? I haven't heard of anyone having problems from just 'surfing the net'..
  3. iFail

iFail New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i dont think the warranty has to do with anything other that sending it to apple for repair/replacement. i think the problems are either coming from jailbreaking or some other technical issue
  4. Muffins

Muffins New Member

They had problems like...with the headphone jack and the touch screen not working properly. By 'surfing the net' I meant, by reading what others posted on the Internet.
  5. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No, he is saying that he found that people were saying that they were having problems while he was searching the Internet about his warranty issue.

And I would suggest that Muffins just be careful with his device and buy a case/screen protector if he already doesn't have them.
  6. Muffins

Muffins New Member

So, even if I don't extend the warranty, my Ipod should be fine?
  7. iFail

iFail New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    technically it should, the warranty shouldent really cause any problems to your device
  8. Muffins

Muffins New Member

Okay, just making sure! I was hoping that I didn't have to get an entirely new Ipod! Thank you. ^_^
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Oh lmao, sorry, it's 3:30am and I'm a little drowsy

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyways, yea, just be careful. As long as you take care of your iPod and not throw it around, it'll be fine. Usually when peoples' screens stop working, it's most likely because they dropped it on the ground or dropped it in water. In either of these cases, Apple wouldn't repair it whether you have a warranty or not.
  10. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    It should be I think apple rely more on percieved obselesence.