iOS 4.1 now i know the DIFFERENCE between GP & LR

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wikeaj, Oct 19, 2010.

1. wikeaj

wikeaj New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    folks,

just happen to find the difference between greenpoison and limerain, although i don't exactly know what causes this considering the exactly same exploit being used... even the dev team has been numerously clarifying that no difference except on the loader (the program in your computer that is used to inject the exploit to the idevice).

Nonetheless, i've been restoring the same ipod a couple times, changing from GP to LR and otherwise, to really prove my observation:

Greenpoison loads Cydia blazingly fast... the difference is very obvious when you click on Changes button. GP needs no more than 5 secs in my wifi network while LR needs a couple of minutes, often more than 5 minutes.

On the other hand, GP causes crash on youtube when you download a certain movie with Yourtube 2, while the same video plays nicely in LR. I've personally tested this!! for instance, just search for "gamaliel kbidols" in youtube app. you'll be presented by a single result (namely Gamaliel & Audriey Tapiheru - Medley bla bla bla), and try to download this video with Yourtube 2. after the download completes, try to watch it directly with Youtube app by clicking on the video. Youtube will crash in my device jailbroken with greenpoison, while the same device doesnt crash if i jailbreak it with limerain.

i know yourtube is being updated at the moment as people mentioning these crashes everywhere. But strangely limerained device doesnt exhibit the crashes.

Please do test this and post the result.

For your ref: my device is 32GB iPod Touch 4G.

thanks.
  2. nozz

nozz Member

My Cydia also loads changes in about 3 seconds, I used limera1n.
  3. w00dy

w00dy Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I used limera1n, cydia loads changes in about 3-5 seconds. Far faster than jailbreakme, spirit & blackra1n prior. Im on 3gs.
  4. cdaddy3

cdaddy3 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think the difference in Cydia load times is based on the amount of sources you have installed and how many packages each of those sources has. I would think it has more to do with your internet speed than which JB you use. Seem like I read this somewhere, but I have no source to validate this, just seems logical to me. You can actually see this happen as well, try loading Cydia on Edge vs. 3G vs. Wifi and you will see a difference no matter the JB you have.

Also, all of my iDevices have different Cydia load times based on the amount of sources I have installed (ipt4, iPad, iPhone4). Green actually is the slowest of the three, but it is that one that has the most sources...

Just my 2 pennies...
  5. shamrock

shamrock Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    its because cydia sucks with speed. I have had the same problems. it has happened before on my 2g ipod touch. sometimes, its fast, while others, its slow. the jailbreak wont mess with how cydia installs things or stuff

Please Register or Log in to view images

P all a jailbreak does (or its main purpose) is give you root access and cydia. greenpoison and limera1n basically have no difference for the ipot 4.
  6. nz26

nz26 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I would have thought because the jailbreak is the same, yes one may take longer to jailbreak or something, but cydia shouldnt matter whatever jailbreak you use.
  7. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I actually noticed with Greenpois0n that respring times are blazing fast (Don't know about Limera1n though ): )
    To speed up Cydia just delete some of the sources that you will never use?
    I personally took off the Zottdd or w/e that one is, and modmyi, and the ultrasn0w repos. Zottd has mainly themes (And i stick with 1 theme at a time)
  8. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I actually noticed with Greenpois0n that respring times are blazing fast (Don't know about Limera1n though ): )
    To speed up Cydia just delete some of the sources that you will never use?
    I personally took off the Zottdd or w/e that one is, and modmyi, and the ultrasn0w repos. Zottd has mainly themes (And i stick with 1 theme at a time)
  9. wikeaj

wikeaj New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ok so the cydia thing seems to be random problem as i recall one of the other member of this forum has reported that cydia performed slower in GP-ed device.

what about the yourtube/youtube problem? has anyone with yourtube2 tested it? i'm really sure about this one since i was with GP-ed device, encountered this problem, restored and jailbroke with limerain, the problem didnt appear but cydia was slow, then decided to restore and jailbreak with GP, and it got the same problem.
  10. iDestiny

iDestiny Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    No, I have the same sources on 4.0 and 4.1 and 4.1 loads blazingly fast for me as well. I have an iTouch so I ONLY use wifi from the same service provider.