Now Apple say no free upgrades if bought after Dec 27th!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by Jeezo, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Jeezo

Jeezo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I recently emailed Apple, in the US, telling them how I was annoyed that people who bought after 27th December got the free upgrade, and how the new touches already had the software on.

They replied saying...

"The upgrade for the iPod Touch is ONLY shipped free on iPod Touches bought on or after January 15th, 2008. The price of the iPod Touch also rose by $50.00 USD when the upgrade was announced, so people who already owned the iPod Touch were able to get their upgrade at a discount compared to people who buy one with the upgrade preloaded."

So they're trying to tell us that those who already bought the iPod are better off?

Haha and then they told me I should try and return it then buy a new one!!
  2. ed0h

ed0h New Member

Same here....

Thank you for your inquiry.

As announced on January 15, Apple now sells a model of iPod touch that includes Mail, Maps, Stocks, Weather, and Notes. Apple strives to provide the best customer experience by continually improving our offerings. These applications have been incredibly popular with our iPhone customers, so we're making them available on the new iPod touch as well. I understand your frustration with this change.

As with all products, Apple offers a 14-day price-protection and/or return period for products purchased directly from the Apple Store (online, retail, or by telephone). If you purchased your iPod touch from an Apple reseller, please contact the reseller from whom you purchased the iPod touch to inquire about the reseller's returns policy.

Have a great day. Cheers.
  3. ISIS

ISIS New Member

I'm not in the US but Apple Store says they're from $299 now, but weren't they from $349 when they first came out in September?

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. mafoo

mafoo New Member

The iPods are listed as the same price here in the UK as before the update.
  5. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

I'm sorry, but when did the price of the iPod Touch RAISE?... hahaha!...
  6. adslshopper

adslshopper New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Price Drop

Prices for iPod Touch in Canada have dropped by $30.00 and INCLUDE the new software, so that email is a pile of BS.

Show me where the price has increased!
  7. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    lol, on their store it says from £199 with 5 built in apps, which is the same price i had mine for, well i paid £7.50 for mine, but the compnay i got it off paid £199
  8. arh

arh New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

US prices are exactly the same as they were back in Sept when I bought my Touch. $229/$399.
  9. Nawaaz91

Nawaaz91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    um..price is still the same..yet I agree that the entire 5 app fiasco is bushtill
  10. GBaylon

GBaylon New Member

$20 refunded

I have a co-worker who purchased her iPod Touch Jan 12. Needless to say she was not happy when I told her about the updates she had to pay for. After 3 calls to the Apple customer service line - the first 2 reps said 'tough luck' - she spoke to someone who said they will 'refund' the $20 fee for anyone who purchased an iPod touch within 2 weeks before Jan 15.

Thats consistent with the 15-Day return policy.

She did the upgrade last night and is waiting for her credit card to be credited the $20.

She admits that the 'new' apps do not come close to what you get on a jailbroken iPod... but its the idea of winning the $20 battle that counts.