Now accepting moderator applications

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by bgizzle, Oct 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Our community has grown tremendously, and that has brought a massive influx of amazing people and information. I am now faced with the difficult task of picking a few to help guide other users and keep this place organized.

For those if you that have expressed interest in moderating, I have set up an <link removed> I did this in order to be fair since there are a LOT more people interested than we can take on as mods, and it would be unfair to randomly pick people. Through this application process, I hope to be able to choose people that can best help the members from multiple perspectives.

If you are interested, the <link removed>
  2. Andy Huang

Andy Huang Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Cool. Hopefully things will be easier to siff through soon

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. itouch101

itouch101 New Member

Hmm.. yeah.. I noticed theres a lot of the same threads..
  4. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'm sure whoever is chosen will help to make this community a much better place to discuss/share/help, and reduce the number of duplicate threads etc.
  5. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Thanks for the response to my PM bgizzle. I just filled out an application.
  6. nintendodude

nintendodude New Member

thats my plan! we need a few privilaged sections too, so that mods can discuss what needs to be done to clean up this place. at its current rate, ther is a new member every 8 seconds. that is just... wow.
  7. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

Wow, 8 seconds, that is crazy. I am really glad to see this site is growing. I also agree about he mod section. It would make it easy to discuss ideas about the site.
  8. Complexis

Complexis Retired Moderator

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    This site is fairly new, it is amazing to see how fast it has grown in such a short period of time. A mod section is definitely a good way to discuss topics amongst the priveliged. All it takes in a new forum section with the proper permissions added to it.
  9. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah I agree that a mod section would be useful. If i were to be chosen i wouldn't mind making an iPhone/iPod Touch version of this site(I have been a web developer for the past 5 years or so, using xhtml, php, sql, asp/asp.net, css and javascript). It could be designed to resemble an iPhone/iPod Touch application. Showing the latest ten posts on the main screen and allowing you to search or post etc with the swish sliding effect. Obviously features would be kept to a minimum to ensure it is simple to use on the mobile device.

Also we should get some official threads made and stickies asap so we could remove the rediculously large amount of duplicate question threads.

You sure that's not your post count. Hehe just kidding with you. =p
  10. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Missed Something On Application

Languages I Know Fluently:
    English
    Hebrew
    Yiddish

Languages I Don't Know That Good:
    Deutsch