Novice problem connecting to WiFi

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by busbybhoy, Jan 10, 2010.

1. busbybhoy

busbybhoy New Member

Hi....Believe it or not i have had my I Touch for over 2 years and have only just tried to connect it to my Wi-Fi. I could never remember the password to connect it. I have connected to hot spots in the past and it worked fine.

I just connected up to my home wi fi and it is connected. However i cant access the internet??

The following message appears - Safari cant open the page because it cant find the server

I may have messed around with some settings in the past but cant remember.

For anyone horrified by the fact that i never use it to go online, I bought it for music only....Call me old school

Thanks in advance
  2. NitroBum

NitroBum Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Are you sure that your wireless router is connected to the internet? Just because you have a wi-fi signal doesn't mean you have internet. If the router isn't connected, what you have is about as useful as an ad-hoc connection.
  3. busbybhoy

busbybhoy New Member

Ya its connected...Laptop working fine....It has to be a setting in the iPod thats wrong.....doesnt it?
  4. toddyt1

toddyt1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try a reset network settings(go to setting-general-reset-reset network settings). then try connect agen. if the problem persists i will try to help more.
  5. greenlink23

greenlink23 New Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    im having a similar problem. it only happend today, it was working fine yesterday.

ok so im siitting in my basement, like usual, with my laptop and my ipod touch (G1, jailbroken 3.1.2). my laptop is connected to my router just fine, proof is tat im on it know. but my touch can't even see the network. so i went right beside the router, which is on the second floor, and it can see the router, but it has a low signal. so i try to connect and it says unable to connect.

it won't even connect to my laptop ad-hoc

now im using a linksys Wireless-N Gigabit Router WRT310N static, wep encyripton, and static IPs.

steps i've taken:
    -rebooted
    -changed from using static -> dhcp
    -i've reset the network settings

i think i might have to restore, but i don't want to loose all my jailbreak stuff if it dosen't work. i don't want to think about it but i have a suspision that it might be a hardware issue, and i can't afford to fix it or buy a new ipod touch.

help?
  6. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Try factory reset the router and before that backup your config and see if it connects or make sure your on the latest router firmware
  7. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if nothing else works restore