Novell on the iPod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by roflmao, Nov 12, 2007.

1. roflmao

roflmao New Member

My school are dumb enough to have the wifi password as "(schoolname)_1"

Although, they use novell for people to log in. So virtually, you cant use the wifi.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to get novell on there?
  2. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Novell is an operating system, like Windows or Mac OS. You can't get it on the Touch. In all likelyhood they have the network locked down to prevent people from using it inappropriately (like downloading songs)

Please Register or Log in to view images

You may be able to connect to the WiFi access point but you probably won't get any further than that until you can login to the school's "network". Ask them how to log on if you have a Windows computer or a Macbook. That is, assuming they let students log on at all.
  3. roflmao

roflmao New Member

My school computers are running windows, but they have a program called novell on them which you log in (with your unique password and such). People have laptops, which the school lets them access the WiFi network with. Before that, however, they install then novell program on the students laptops. This is the same as the provided laptops for teachers. They are normal windows laptops, with the novell program on it to acess the schools WiFi.
  4. cowboyshootist

cowboyshootist New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've never heard of Novell except the OS. The newer versions of Novell actually use a Linux core and therefore are somewhat compatible with Windows. I am pretty sure that they are simply loading a Novell client on Windows but the underlying network is still running the Novell OS. See this article for more info Novell Client for Windows