Novatel MiFi with GPS

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Frgo10, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Frgo10

Frgo10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea, so I'm looking at this Novatel 2352 wich supposedly has a GPS built in, so my question is does anyone know if that GPS is accessible from bluetooth or is it only available by connecting directly to the device?

If it were available over BT you would essentially have an iPhone by calling via Skype and using the Mifi devices GPS to navtrack and only lacking texting and camera!
  2. TouchFaith

TouchFaith New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    From what I understand at the Novatel Wireless website, this MiFi device connects to your iDevice via WiFi, not Bluetooth. The inclusion of GPS would allow you to, for instance, use Location Services in apps like Maps and Facebook Places.

If you want GPS functionality in your vehicle, I suggest using the Maps app or any other free GPS app that can take advantage of the GPS support in the MiFi.

As for Bluetooth/Skype, the MiFi only goes so far as to provide you with consistent coverage no matter where you travel. That may be useful if you want to be reached over Skype 24/7, but it won't give you Bluetooth functionality to use with Skype.