Notice To All Modders, Important Find

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by phroztbyt3, Nov 3, 2007.

1. phroztbyt3

phroztbyt3 New Member

READ PLEASE
    After about 4 jailbreaks that I have accomplished for me and my friends I have come to realize a simple fact. Those of you that just restored their ipod and plan to jailbreak. If you literally JUST restored it, wait about 1/2 an hour to an hour before attempting any jailbreak utility. You may not realize it but the Touch is still setting up its software even after its restored. I noticed how much smoother and faster the touch is after 30 minutes after the restore. Processes are in use to update the thing.

I also noticed that if I wait this time, i am less prone to errors during jailbreak or even after. For example, I was having install issues of specific apps. But after around 30 minutes to an hour I could install and run apps just fine.
  2. spikejr

spikejr New Member

Great Point

Thats a great point that I never realized, but thinking back I seem to be able concur with that theory. The first time I attempted a jailbreak, I restored my iPod Touch, and immediately used touchFree to jailbreak it, but it didn't work and it temporarily bricked my touch. I was really tired that night, so I restored it again, but didn't have enough energy to attempt another jailbreak that night. So I just set it aside and told myself I'd do it the next day. Well, the next day when I did it again, it worked smoothly and all went off without a hitch.

SMART MAN!