(NOTICE) A4 Exploit Being Fixed at Apple?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nicholaschum, Oct 23, 2010.

1. nicholaschum

nicholaschum New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sudden iPhone 4 sales termination in Hong Kong

Hey guys,

Today I got my new iPhone 4 in Hong Kong from my friends at HKCSL 1010, HK's Network Carrier. Since I had many friends working there, I got the phone, but then they also told me that Apple would not be selling iPhone 4's anymore for another 3 weeks, this was supposed to be told to all the network carriers in HK to stop selling the phones to anyone who wanted one. Could it be that Apple has finally fixed the issue of the A4 exploit and is planning to ship another new batch all around the world?

This is just for notifying people who want the phone, should get one as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nicholas
  2. Peebs

Peebs New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    In Hong Kong or where ever i think they now have to be ordered as they were being sold over priced by people that bought in batch's... ?
  3. nicholaschum

nicholaschum New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nope, just walked in and got my factory unlocked iPhone 4 32GB, thats all. I was told by my friends that they were not supposed to sell them to anyone until a new batch comes, maybe fix?
  4. MiPad

MiPad New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm surprised Apple hasnt fixed it yet, and i wouldnt be surprised if they do it soon for the upcoming holiday season. Will the iPad 2 have the same A4 or will it have an upgraded processor ?
  5. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ^It's not like they could fix a bootrom exploit overnight? It takes quite a bit of time to do
  6. nicholaschum

nicholaschum New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Maybe the new iPad thats gonna be announced next year would have the same or faster and updated A4 chip inside, doubt it, possibly add an A5 chip to make it faster, but the updated one would fix the LimeRa1n jailbreak.
  7. nicholaschum

nicholaschum New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Well you never know, they probably found out already....
  8. austers

austers Well-Known Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    What would it matter?! Theres already a bootrom exploit for the iPhone 4, what would patching the A4 exploit for it even do?!
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Uh.. to prevent all future iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, and iPad 1G users from jailbreaking?
  10. TechDudeGeorge

TechDudeGeorge Active Member

This is likely for the Antenna. Because after the event about it, they said you got the free case until September and then they would rethink it. So likely they are just changing it, moding the external design a little bit. Let's just hope there is no new A4 bootrom.