Nothing Will Install

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by da1geek, Mar 12, 2008.

1. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Unfortunately i couldn't find this issue else-where =[

So here's the problem:

I've already jailbroken my itouch (obviously haha) and i'm running 1.1.3 firmware. I've already downloaded a few games and some other things. After about a day of running my 1.1.3 jailbroken firmware nothing wanted to install. I already have finder a few other applications but evertime i try to download something else everytime it gets to the "installing..." portion of the status bar in installer, it decides to bring me to a black screen and then immediately exit out to the main menu. I was told a while ago that the problem was i needed summerboard- done. Then i was told i needed to have customize to make sure my apps' weren't just invisible - done. Lastly i was told that i needed to have installer AND customize... I un-installed them both and now neither were installed. At first i thought it was just a bad source but i've already tried two different sources for customize. Sorry this is such a long description but i thought you might need all the info =/

If you can help i will give you a cookie! =D

Thanks

-da1geek
  2. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Sorry i forgot to add this: When i open finder i can still see the reminents of old apps' i tried to delete... Not sure if it helps, but if it does, there you have it. (The reminents won't delete through finder.app).
  3. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    try re-installing bsd subsystem. just go into installer and in the uninstall tab look for bsd subsystem. click on it and hit reinstall. i was having the same problem a while back and that fixed it for me.
  4. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    IF this works i'm going to love you forever. Ha
  5. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well alright then

Please Register or Log in to view images

a little rerp wouldnt hurt either (<- the white scale under my post count)
  6. da1geek

da1geek New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok you're a life saver. Thank a TON, i now have like what, twelve more hours of my life to spend rather then trying to figure this out! Haha thanks =]
  7. Flagpole

Flagpole Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no problem, glad i could help.

Please Register or Log in to view images