Nothing happens with ./loadibec.

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by Sarcasm Siempre, May 21, 2010.

1. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Alright, here's the story. I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 in a virtual machine on OS X 10.6.3. I've downloaded a fresh build of OpeniBoot (for the iPod) from the thread in this forum, I've got my iPod-specific openiboot.img3, everything's in the proper directories, I've done "sudo su," and my iPod is connected in Recovery Mode in VirtualBox.

I type "./loadibec openiboot.img3" without the quotes. Terminal pauses for a second, like something's happening, and then just goes to the next line. My iPod remains on the recovery logo. Same thing happens when I try "sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3".

How do I fix this?
  2. erichuynh05

erichuynh05 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    since you're running a virtual machine you have to attach your ipod to it. It is easier to dual boot Ubuntu.
  3. Sarcasm Siempre

Device:
    iPod touch
    My iPod was attached to the virtual machine. I checked. Twice. Besides, if it hadn't been, the terminal would have thrown up some error.
  4. hanzo89

hanzo89 New Member

I got now the same Problem and I use not Ubunto as a Virtual mashine
  5. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Did you use Spirit to jailbreak? If so it won't work because it is a userland exploit, you'll need to downgrade to 3.1.2 and use redsnow or blackrain.
  6. Ciaomanssj

Ciaomanssj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Restore to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with blackra1n rc3

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Sarcasm Siempre

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'm on 3.1.2, it's a custom IPSW made by PwnageTool. And that's how I've jailbroken for the last four or so firmwares, so jailbreak method shouldn't be the problem. I appreciate the help, though.
  8. Ciaomanssj

Ciaomanssj New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, you aren't right. The jailbreak metod is the problem. (we have some different jailbreak metod. Read something on iphone wiki)
    You need to put your device in DFU, restore to 3.1.2 (original firmware) and jailbreak with blackra1n

This worked fine for my iPod 3.1.3 redsn0wed (restored to 3.1.2 and jailbroken using blackra1n

)
  9. Sarcasm Siempre

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've been jailbreaking my iPod since 1.1.3, I'm not new to this. I know there are different jailbreak methods. PwnageTool, redsn0w, and blackra1n all use bootrom exploits to jailbreak. iDroid requires a bootrom exploit to work. Ergo, PwnageTool, redsn0w, and blackra1n jailbreaks will all work for iDroid. Again, the jailbreak is not the problem here.
  10. sirbow2

sirbow2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    actually i think Ciaomanssj is right because i had the same problem so i restored to 3.1.3 used redsn0w- didn't work, i restored to 3.1.2 jailbroke and it worked i didn't do anything besides jailbreak each time so it definitely narrows it to the jailbreak method. some people have reported that they have got it to work on 3.1.3 but i never have. some time it is just the computer because i restored and re-jailbroke using 3.1.2 and it didnt work, tried a different computer and it worked. so basically what it comes down to is: THERE ARE ALOT OF CASUSES DON'T FIGHT OVER IT! lol