not totally sold on this...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by scooterboy07, Jan 29, 2010.

1. scooterboy07

scooterboy07 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok the iPad is getting to me! the reason i dont love it yet cause i believe it is missing a-TON of crucial additions like multitasking, SD/USB/disc slot or camera on the front and back (front for ichat), No Drag and Drop File Management and No Full GPS (even tho there is 3G capable model),and the ability for FLASH! and lets not forget that APPLE has a huge elephant in the room aka "WIRELESS SYNCING" for ipods/iphones/ipad if they could come out with that before everyone else they'd make even more millions! they are basically "cloud" based now..so it makes sense, i just wish they could just announce it before microsoft steals their "thunder". i kinda wish that apple wouldve started this product with a totally NEW look! and its own OS, cause it is not an iphone. a tablet is more like a computer with no keyboard... its O.K. start for an Apple device but not their best...

as a student im probably gonna wait til the Microsoft Courier comes out..
  2. Tsubame

Tsubame New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, it does have SD/USB capabilities via adaptor, depending on your needs if that would be sufficient or not. I shoot with a wifi enabled SD card so that helps circumvent that problem. I'm not sure what you mean by drag and drop file management, as I think the interface more or less circumvents or incorporates that in differing forms. GPS, as you said yourself, exists on the device (and it is full assisted GPS). Flash has been debated here back and forth, take your pick on any of the threads.

You raise a good point with wireless syncing that you don't hear from many people. While I don't think it's a major feature, it really would be very convenient and a nice luxury feature.

The courier, while I think it looks pretty cool, does not exist in physical form yet. I really need to see what the courier can do as a physical product before I pass any judgement (Remember, the iPad cured cancer if you just listen to the pre-release hype).