Not to sound stupid (plists)??

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, Apr 25, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I am creating my own Theme package, and want to know exactly what a plist is and do I really really need them? Like I said this post may sound stupid but I have not seen any threads on this matter, unless someone can point me in the right direction? I have most of my Theme package done but I have downloaded 2-3 full custom themes from (modmyi.com) and in them I see they have plists, so is it a necessary part of creating complete theme? Thanks for any info. that maybe provided, and I would like this post answered by members who have created their own full themes.

Thanks, The Crow.
  2. Sduvick

Sduvick New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    they're not really "necessary" but alot of people use them for different things. for example, you can make the status bar transparent using a plist.
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

O.k thanks for the response, and they are not really necessary. I watched a YouTube vid. and what he showed me how to do it with I believe it was with the whole Sliders themes, was to just copy someones plist and just open it and change their name to your name or Theme name. I know it is wrong because to me it feels like cheating or stealing, but I did it for my first Slider Theme and it worked. One other question for the Slider Theme, the picture or (wallpaper) you use behind the Slider you do name it LockBackground.png not just Lockscreen or Wallpaper right?

Thanks, The Crow
  4. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well ".plist" that usually comes with a theme is a "info.plist", and that is tell what some of the elements should do. Like if you wanted fonts to be green, you would code it correctly and the font colors will be green. You generally don't need it when making LockScreen theme. And yes you would name it "LockBackground.png"
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks iKeablr, so with the Lockscreen and Slider thingy would you use the plist to tell it to unlock. Like I mentioned that some of the full complete themes that I have downloaded to look at, they have a plist for the Slider and I just copied it and changed the name in it. I saw a YouTube vid. and the guy basically said to copy it and open it up and change their name like (daPrince) to my own (Legion), does this sound right or no?

Also when I am done with the Battery Theme/Slider & Lockscreen/and all my Icons etc. , do I just take them all and move them into my personalized Theme folder and then drag and drop into var/stash/Theme?

Thanks, The Crow.
  6. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well the "Slide To Unlock" is not done with ".plist" it is a system string that you would edit. I really don't understand what you mean by they have a ".plist" for the Slider. Could I see?

EDIT: Yeah just make sure everything is named accordingly. Then you would put it in the Theme folder on your iPod
  7. Andrew2

Andrew2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe you need to have your icons in a folder called "Icons", and all the .plist in a folder called "Bundles".
  8. iKeablr

iKeablr Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well you got the icons right though not all ".plist" go in that directory for instance the "info.plist".