Not sure the problem, but I need HELP!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by mooseinabox, Feb 7, 2009.

1. mooseinabox

mooseinabox Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ok, I have my iPod touch 2G 2.2.1 Jailbroken, no duh. But I am having some problems that I don't know how to solve.

I was randomly in Winterboard checking out themes etc. for a quick second, then just exited using the Home button. Once I did that, I went into the "loading theme" type screen, when the buttons grow and you see the loading icon in the middle. Normal, nothing wrong, but then I just waited and waited and waited. Nothing, but I kept hearing the iPod start up sounds, the "Now PLugged in sounds" for a while, but still stuck in the screen. Eventually it just randomlly shuts off. I thought everything was cool, and I used a booter to start it back up. Everything was going great, got the white screen, the Apple logo for turning on, but it NEVER TURNED ON. Once again, making those two noises until it shut off. Tried once more, same thing. Now my iPod is just sitting, and I'm not touching until I can get some help. Anyone? Thanks guys,

-mooseinabox-
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I need HELP! bump
  2. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's happened to me before. It gets stuck on the iPod boot logo for a while, but then starts normally. How long have you been waiting?
  3. mooseinabox

mooseinabox Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've tried 4 times. Each takes about 5 or so minutes to shut down, but it never actually starts up. Suggestions?
  4. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    All I can say is jailbreak again. This was one of the many reasons why redsn0w tethered didn't want to be released by the dev team I guess.
  5. mooseinabox

mooseinabox Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Ya, but I can't even Restore my iPod because it says my iPod keeps getting disconnected.
  6. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Is iTunes recognizing it as in DFU mode, or does it disconnect as soon as you connect it?

(To get in DFU mode hold power and sleep button for 10 seconds, then release the sleep button and continue to hold the power button for around 15 seconds. You should hear some sounds from your computer.)
  7. mooseinabox

mooseinabox Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm not f***ing retarded. But I just didn't realize to do that first step. I'm going to try that. Thanks.
  8. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm never implied that you were. I was just trying to help out.

Now I see what I get for trying to be helpful. Your welcome nonetheless.
  9. iNsTiiNkZ

iNsTiiNkZ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What I did, was I put it in DFU while plugged into computer, then ran 1ClickBoot
  10. mooseinabox

mooseinabox Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Same here. But then it just doesn't boot up.