Not Home and other issues with re-jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by E93, Jun 20, 2009.

1. E93

E93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ALRIGHT, FIRST, I HAVE READ THE STUCK TUTORIAL, AND STILL HAVING QUESTIONS, I DECIDED TO MAKE THIS THREAD:

-Well, I´m running an iPod Touch 2G on 2.2.1 jailbroken.
    I´m currently not home, I´m somewhere where I do have access to computers though, and I can install and download stuff onto them. I just don´t have WiFi though.

-To jailbreak again with 3.0, I want to know if I need to update to 3.0 on iTunes first, and if I will lose my apps that I downloaded from certain programs (not necessarily Cydia).

-Is there a way that I can just instead apply the 3.0 firmware without having to update it through iTunes?

-I also might not be able to sync and have backups on iTunes here, since I´m already synced to iTunes at home, and it probably won´t allow me to here.

Thank you for all the help you can offer!
  2. ryanangus

ryanangus Active Member

No way I know of to install any firmware without iTunes. You can simply update your device in iTunes, keeping your data intact (except for jailbreak), then running RedSn0w 0.7.

Though the best solution is a clean install of redsn0w, followed by jailbreak, followed by restore.

EDIT: It will allow syncing of libraries/ backup restores from another computer, but your data will be wiped first.

Hope that helps

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. E93

E93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That help. thanks, I just don´t get about the restore after the jailbreak. What´s that for??