Not happy about this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iblackwind, Nov 18, 2008.

1. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  2. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Oh, just another nail in the coffin

Please Register or Log in to view images

another reason i can add to why i got rid of my iPhone.

Its more likely that they dont want to implement flash, because you could load free flash games without having to go through the app store! when they can work out how to lock it down, then we as end users will get it.
  3. JohnyW

JohnyW New Member

Sure Flash would be great, but keep in mind it is a considerably larger download then most things of it's nature. Plus you also have to think, with Flash, comes popups and moving ads in Safari, making the browser run incredibly slow and laggy.
  4. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I'd rather not have flash on my ipod. As Johny said, pop ups, banner ads, and animated ads would just eat up battery life and are totally annoying.
  5. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    but i heard that there is flash lite which at least will make some ppl like me happy.....i think a symbian phone is able to run some flash sites.......which apple cant.....
  6. mapleleafmenace

mapleleafmenace New Member

Well I dunno about you guys, but I personally can't wait to do 20 push-ups before Obama can do 20 push-ups and be offered a "free" Xbox360.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Germany

Germany Banned

I would only want Flash with adblocking because they would annoy the heck out of me and maybe give me a seizure. (Maybe not that extreme but I would still hate the sight of adds.)
  8. quick5pnt0

quick5pnt0 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Regardless of the possible problems with Flash Apple could still implement it and let us decide whether we want it or not. A simple button that turns it on and off in the settings isn't too much to ask for. That would also help with the problems some people are speaking of about battery drain and pop up ads because you could just keep it off until you want to use it.

Full flash may be a large install but that doesn't mean the ipod version would have to be. Go look at how large the desktop version of AIM is and compare it to the Ipod version.

The reality is that Apple wants to control its customers. It realizes that with Flash people could play thousands of flash games for free without going through the app store.
  9. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Steve Jobs needs to take the cue on flash <----- My opinion.
  10. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    same here......!!!!