Not dualbooting

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by 13u5ted, Apr 6, 2008.

1. 13u5ted

13u5ted New Member

Hi!

I have a Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop, sss2, 1GB ram, Vista Enterprise and I was wondering if this whole hackintosh actually works for anyone and what guide you used?
    I don't want to dual boot, just place it on an external hard drive, but with every tutorial I look at, at first there are success stories and then everyone gets problems (the install disc just leaves a screen with a spinning wheel and that's it).

Have any of you got leopard on an intel, not dual booting? I don't want to kill my laptop and the only tutorial I have for not dual booting doesn't work according to the comments.

Also, I was thinking of using Kalyway rather than iAktos, is this a good idea.

Thanks

BTW I got this really good guide with some files from Insanely Mac but it's for dual booting, do you think it could work not dual booting?
    http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=90795
  2. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah, have you downloaded the distros? cos i got it dual booting with my vista, but it is basically the same, just without the last steps if you dont want to dual boot. For OSx86, you need to find a guide that is closest to your build as possible, for maximum chance of sucess. So good luck, and post your problems on Insanelymac and they will help you, it is a very good forum
  3. 13u5ted

13u5ted New Member

ok cool, I'll looks for Inspiron guides.

Sorry to sound like a n00b but what are distros?

Thanks
  4. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Distribution = Distro.
  5. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

I cant get leo4all to work, so good luck. I hope you do better then me.
  6. 13u5ted

13u5ted New Member

7. d00m42

d00m42 Member

i successfully installed it on an external USB hard drive using the kalyway 10.5.1 iso using my brothers computer, then booting it off mine. for some reason my computer got the com.apple.boot.plist missing error. I am going to try the leo4all today
  8. 13u5ted

13u5ted New Member

Yeah, I think I'm going to just have to try with Kalyway and cross my fingers!

Can you post here with your success with leo4all? I just checked out there wiki, it looks pretty good. It's so weird how suddenly you get a plist error, maybe the guys at InsanelyMac can help?

Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images