Not a single USB-App works (1.1.4)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.4 Discussions' started by Kurthis, May 7, 2008.

1. Kurthis

Kurthis New Member

Hi there,

i recently updatet my iPod to 1.1.4, jb it with iliberty+, installed everything i need and was ready to go

Please Register or Log in to view images

After that (SSH, Installer, couple of fixes installation) i wanted to setup my favourite app "wiki2touch". Everything went the way i was used to be, except one thing: file transfer via usb (instead of SSH).

Not a single prog works... I tried megaphone, disk for iphone, file browser of iDemocracy and every other available app for mac.

with 1.1.2 everything worked fine for me, but since the 1.1.4 update it won't (i did a clean restore once again after the first update, just to be sure

)

afc and afc2 is running and i have reading access with all of the apps, but not a single on can write data...

the database of my wiki dump is approx 4GB and this will take some time via SSH over wifi... so, i would be very happy if anyone knows a solution

TIA
  2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

are you sure u r putting the files in the correct direction???? /Applications if so then r u setting the permissions ??(
  3. Kurthis

Kurthis New Member

Everything is put in the correct dirs, thats not my problem ;-)

I'm able to transfer file via SSH and I had wiki2touch set up several times before. I transferred the german wiki dump, which is after indexing, approx 1GB via SSH on my Pod and everything works like a charm.

BUT: the image dump is quite a bit bigger... approx 3GB, and that would take a lot longer... so, lucky as i am, i'll bet that close to the end of the transfer it will cancel, saying that something has corrupted the transfer or somethin like that ;-P

On 1.1.2 I did that with megaphone, fast usb access to the whole filesystem via afc. As I said before, I'm able to access the pod, but i can only read...

Writing data (doesn't matter if it is / or some dirs up) is only possible via SSH and works perfect as it always does ;-)

I just want to have the faster usb connection back again, which i used with 1.1.2...

TIA
  4. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

I'm not sure will do it but try iPhone of suite .....
  5. Kurthis

Kurthis New Member

I'm on a mac... no Iphone-Suite though^^

I tried EVERY kind of app for mac... And ALL of them can connect and read, but not write... hmmm... maybe someone came across something similar

Thanks for your suggestions

6. Elric

Elric New Member

why don't you just ssh or download direct from installer, why must it be USB? I have a mac and never plug in my usb unless to sync (I charge direct to the wall).
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    SSH should still be pretty fast.

Try setting permissions on the directories you want to navigate through with USB to 777.
  8. Kurthis

Kurthis New Member

wikipedia image dump via installer!? no way^^

(btw i never saw one though... imagine thousands of people would download 4-5 GB... traffic costs incoming

)

I want to use usb, cause the pod doesn't have to be "active" when moving files and it is faster than ssh.

With ssh i have a upload rate of 400kb/s (cyberduck) or up to 600kb/s with fugu. so it would take me approx 2 hours to copy the wiki dump with pictures...

with megaphone i did the same on 1.1.2 in about 20 minutes...

that is the only reason

thanks for the tip with permissions set to 777, i'll try that this evening when i'm home
  9. super51fan

super51fan Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    add this source i.unlock.no
    go into unlocking tools and install ziphone ibrickr fix
    then it should work
  10. Kurthis

Kurthis New Member

tried the source with no luck...

so i googled for another afc fix, and guess what, i found one ;-)

www.repo.fireonfive.com

theres an afc2 fix (probably the same services.plist) and now it works

the only thing which makes me wonder is, that i've thought there is no need for fixing afc cause i used iliberty+... and not ziphone!?

hmm...

thank you anyway for helping me