Normal Brawl AND Brawl+

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Retro349, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey, I have a little question for my fellow Wii modders out there:

I've decided I'd like to start playing Brawl+, but I don't want to give up my original copy of Brawl. I have a copy of Brawl on my WBFS drive. I have made a Super Smash Bros. Brawl channel with loadstructor. With that I have PhantomWings's File Patcher 3.5 on it, and I'd like to have a second channel with the Brawl+ codes (and file patcher). However, since both games would RSBE01 I cannot have 2 separate RSBE01.gct's, and If I edited the game's ID then I would have to put 2 copies of Brawl on my WBFS drive, which I'd rather not do.

So my question is: how can I have 2 WBFS forwader channels, each loading a different GCT for the same game ID?

ALSO: I am not afraid to use hex to edit wads and stuff if necessary, and I have my wii fully modded and cios-ed and stuff.
  2. legion

legion Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    what is brawl+?
  3. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This.
  4. iTouch_You

iTouch_You New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    What's "This." ?
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

^it means he has the same question as the user he quoted has.
  6. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  7. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

Uhh.. why not try actually buying the game?

I haven't tried playing Brawl+ yet, but I thought that if you actually owned a copy you could simply launch it through the disc channel without using GeckOS and have vanilla Brawl?

EDIT: Yeah, actually, after reading the FAQ, it's pretty obvious that this issue is caused by not actually owning the game.
  8. Retro349

Retro349 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You FAIL.

I did buy the game. In fact, I waited until midnight in front of Best Buy to get it. What I did is take the disc and used USB Loader GX to copy it to a thumb drive, so I don't have to use a slow, clumsy disk (which I still have a legal copy of). And this isn't an Issue, either. I know how to have vanilla brawl, that's simple, but you can't have music and texture hacks through Vanilla Brawl. What I'm asking is how can I switch between two GCT files.

Also, it says nowhere in the FAQ that that you can't play it without a legal copy (and I know as a fact that you can)

So, without further ado:

Please Register or Log in to view images

RTFM and welcome to The Internets.​