Normal behavior?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rainman1962, Feb 4, 2008.

1. rainman1962

rainman1962 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am new to the iPod Touch and I am getting something that seems rather strange. Sometimes when the iTouch is connected to the PC but in standby, and when I pick it up, it will turn on. This does not seem to happen when it is not connected to the PC (thank goodness) and it does not seem to be consistent. I have noticed this when iTunes is not running but it may occur with iTunes also, I just haven't followed the behavior long enough to tell.

I contacted Apple support and some guy in India told me this was normal...why then is it not consistent?

I am using JB 1.1.2. I have searched this forum for key words "rotate, motion, standby and power-on" to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
  2. Gaming Warrior

Gaming Warrior New Member

Well mine turns on from standby when i plug it in and unplug it.
  3. rainman1962

rainman1962 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No, it will turn on when I simply pick it up if it has been in stand by. Another observation is that it only seems to have this behavior when it is allowed to go into "auto-lock". If I physically turn it off, no amount of movement will turn it back on. However, when it automatically goes into standby, it will intermittently turn on with movement. Is this normal behavior?
  4. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    this dosen't happen to my ipod, so when ur ipod is in standby plugged in the computer it comes on? if thats the case it can be the cord getting unplugged from the ipod itself, cause my ipod will go if i unplug it from a electricity, i think thats what ur doing moving the cord just enough to turn on