NOR Only Boot Logo Replacement ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by jstarisraw, Mar 30, 2009.

1. jstarisraw

jstarisraw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi , ive has my iPod touch 2.2.1 for while now, and last night I decided to change my boot Logos with a NOR only restore. I had verbose boot enabled on my iPod, I know that verbose boot disables full recovery (full 300mb .ipsw)
    but I tryed it anyways.

I made the img3 file with a stock applelogo.s5l8720x.img3

and i injected a .png with the correct dimensions and the transparent pixels ect. into a new img3 file

i input the correct iv/key and it made the file.
    I then injected my custom img3 into the NOR only firmware

Then I put my ipod in recovery mode and started restoring to the NOR flash firmware.

BANG ! my ipod disconnects from my computer and starts booting in verbose mode. It coninued to do this fo 5min + , so killed itunes.

My ipod was then a total brick, no power recovery mode, so I had to FULLY
    re-jailbreak my ipod and loose all my data.

Has this happened to anybody else, because it is So annoying and Stressfull.

Also is there a safer way to verbose boot without applying DHowetts dodgy patch to the firmware?
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Verbose mode disables ALL recovery mode restores. You cannot NOR or full restore. You must go into DFU mode and full restore to a customised firmware, sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh, there may be a way to get into recovery mode restore through iRecovery, but I do not know the commands.
  3. jstarisraw

jstarisraw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yeah I realised

Just another quick one, do you know how to get a custom boot logo and verbose boot, or is it possible, thanks

4. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes.. But the boot logo only shows for a few seconds and verbose starts.. Just alter the IMG3 for the boot logo AND add the verbose IMG3 for this to take effect.
  5. jstarisraw

jstarisraw New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)