NOR flash question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Ohfoohy, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, I've been having troubles with flashing NOR (RedTool 1)
    And I need my iPod to do homework tonight. SO, I was wondering....
    I've created a NOR FW already, if I restore the origanal factory settings, can I come back tomorrow and flash? Or re-jailbreak THEN flash. And all my data come back?

Thanks!

(like my new icon?)
  2. DeFekT

DeFekT New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    if you restore to factory settings, then you lose all data...And you have to re-jailbreak, you can't flash the NOR. You have to do a complete jailbreak.

And when you jailbreak, it's pointless to then flash unless you want a boot logo or something, no your data will not come back.
  3. Ohfoohy

Ohfoohy Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  4. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Technically, just in theory, you could flash the NOR from unjailbroken state. I'm looking into the possibility, but it would require you to put Cydia on the device afterward. But you lose everything if you restore to normal FW. You may be able to create a normal NOR only to restore to? There are a number of possibilities to look at. But unless Chris Stroud knows how to do either of these things, you have to go back to unjb'ed then to jailbroken, and you won't have to flash the NOR.