NOR Flash Crash Fix

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Sanchez13, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Sanchez13

Sanchez13 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey,
    I'm a bit of a noob to all this stuff but i've been sculking around the forums for a while now and i've picked up some stuff thanks to other people sharing their problems and how to fix them so i figured i'd do the same.
    Everytime i try to NOR-flash my ipod to get a custom boot logo my ipod always fails to restore in itunes like Redtool and quickfreedom tell me to and i get stuck on a white screen or the ipod just refuses to boot. Previously i've always had to re-jailbreak which can be a bit of a length process when your trying to restore about 15gb of stuff back onto the sucker!
    Anyway i've managed to fix it without doing the re-jailbreak. After much struggling with my ipod turning itself on and off randomly i finally managed to get it into DFU mode, the DFU helper in Redtool is a great helper for this. I downloaded the Redsn0w application for windows to reflash it upto 0.3 and this fixes the white screen blockade and the failed booting etc without the need to spend hours restoring. One downside, you do lose any previous custom boot logo that you had as its replaced with the standard one with the NOR-flash that Redsn0w does.

I still can't manage to get a custom boot logo without completely re-jailbreaking so if anyone can help me with that then that would be awesome. And before anyone tells me to search, i have, and i've tried almost everything but it just won't work for me.

go to http://redsn0w.com/ to get the Redsn0w software.

Hope i helped somebody

Please Register or Log in to view images