[NoobTutorial] Easiest Way to Text Message on iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Evalocity7, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, well I don't know if this has ever been posted before...But I used search and I didn't find anything. So here we go...My first guide.

I have only confirmed this to work with AIM...I haven't tried any other instant messaging programs so maybe if some other's could confirm that'd be great.

Scroll down for Second & Third Methods!!!

~~~~~First Method~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Tested Messangers~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    AIM - Works! ~ Confirmed by ~ Evalocity7
    ICQ - Unconfirmed
    Myspace - Unconfirmed
    Jabber - Unconfirmed
    Yahoo! Messanger - Unconfirmed
    MSN/Win Live - Does not work - Confirmed by ~ sibux
    Google Talk - Does not work - Confirmed by ~ optikalblitz

1. On your iPod Touch go into Safari.

2. In the address bar type in: http://iphone.beejive.com (or just iphone.beejive.com) and it should come up and all you have to do is make an account by pressing the little + on the Account bar. (Or you can go to www.meebo.com and not have to sign up for everything and just enter your username, password and login).

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Once that is done, log in and wait for everything to load up. Now just press the + icon under buddies and for the "Buddy" section type in "+xxxyyyyyyy" (x=area code, y=phone number). Make sure to have that + in there. For nickname just put whatever you want (ex. Sarah's Cell) then just click add.

4. Once it is added it should be in the buddies section ONLINE, if it is offline then you did something wrong. Click on the nickname and a chatroom will open up.

5. Just type in what you want to send to the person's cell and then click Send.

6. If you did everything properly you should get a message in a green bubble saying, "Your IM has been sent to my mobile device. When I receive it, I will be able to reply. Thanks for your IM! Want your IMs forwarded to your phone? click here"

New Note! - Sometimes the green bubble with the message above won't appear! That is ok, the person should still receive the message!

7. Within 5-15 seconds the person you sent it to should receive the message! When they respond back, you should receive their message right into the same chatroom! My cell phone displaying the message I sent below.

Enjoy...Hopefully this will be of some use to people, I actually enjoy using Beejive a lot more than Apollo or MobileChat...It's just so much easier...

~~~~~Second Method~~~~~

Big Thanks to Gabe for figuring out this method!!
    Pictures up soon!

1. Go to Yahoo.com on your iPod Touch/iPhone and log in to your account.

2. In the address bar type in the following link: http://sites.mobile.yahoo.com/sms/sendsms

3. Zoom in on the chat window and type in the Number of the person you want to send a text to in the Number row and then type in your message in the chat box and hit send.

4. Congratulations, if all went well the person should receive the text message, and they can respond and it'll show in the chat room.

~~~~~Third Method~~~~~

Pictures will be up soon.

Note: This method does not work for me...Can some others test this out?

1. Open up Safari and go to: http://sms.dynadel.com

2. Enter your name to the From row and and then in the To enter the phone number of the person your sending the message to. Then in the Carrier row, scroll and find which country your from then the provider. (NOTE: This supports USA, Canada, UK, France, Sweden, Argentina and the Philippines!)

3. Hit send.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Congratulations, this looks good.
  3. makaveldon04i

makaveldon04i New Member

it took me a second to get it because then i realized you can have the mail app and then you know lol,i dont have an itouch yet,but bookmarking it fo sho,smexy smexy tut
  4. sane

sane Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Amazing.
    I'm definitly going to use this when I get my touch

5. mrmac

mrmac Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It isn't working.

Whenever I add the buddy it just says there offline. I tried doing it with my own cell number.

Also so if my number was (555)555-5555

Then I would add it like this:

+55555555555

Thanks for any help.
  6. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well try this, because I had your same exact problem...If your number was (555)555-5555 put it in the Buddy input as +15555555555

And thanks everyone for your comments.

7. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

the +AREAphone format is used only for AIM, right? I tested it under GTalk and no go.

might want to make a note of that if such is the case. good thorough writeup though.
  8. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Alright, will add thanks. I am not sure though if it is only used for AIM...I think it may work with Yahoo messanger or maybe even MSN messanger...
  9. sibux

sibux Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whenever I try to add the phone number it says Your windows live messenger buddy name must be an email address
  10. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oooh thats right...I forgot MSN/Win Live uses email addresses as their usernames...So I guess that means it won't work with MSN/Win Live messanger.