Noob questions!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by she-sins, Apr 26, 2008.

1. she-sins

she-sins New Member

I just bought my ipod touch today! (16B)

Please Register or Log in to view images

I have been playing with it a little and theres a couple of thing I can't work out and wondered if you can help.

The applications on my home section are only: Safari, YouTube, Calender, Contacts, Clock, Calculator and Settings. I read the pdf manual from the apple website and it says the touch comes with other things like weather and maps and notes and mail etc. Why don't I have these? (I live in the uk so don't know if thats anything to do with it??)

The manual also says I can rearrange the icons by touching and holding until they wiggle then drag them, but when I hold they dont ever start to wiggle?

I'm sorry for the pathetic newbieness of my questions! Any help will be really appriciated

2. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thats only if you buy the software update from itunes. you get the extra apps and the rearrange function along with other things. You can either buy it for $20, or jailbreak it and get it from installer.
  3. Chucky102

Chucky102 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you should make sure you're on 1.1.4 or 1.1.3 and sync it with iTunes..and if you don't have that, call apple and tell them that you don't have those applications..if you don't want to, then just Jailbreak it and install them
  4. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

if ur ipod is running 1.1.3 or up then u should have the wiggly feature and the apps, so if ur runing 1.1.3 u probly got screwed

but ur ipod is probably running 1.1.1 so u will have to update and install the apps
  5. she-sins

she-sins New Member

I see! Yeah, I am definatly considering buying the update. Thanks for your reply

6. she-sins

she-sins New Member

Ooooh, I geddit now! I'm only on 1.1.1 so I guess I should just update. Thanks. I'm not brave enough to jailbreak just that! Thanks for replying

7. she-sins

she-sins New Member

Thanks for replying! My touch is running 1.1.1 so i'll update. Thanks for your help

8. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Well, jailbreaking is safe. You could also "pwn", but it is your choice. Look around the site for more info.

Also, try not to double post. Use the edit button. Welcome to the forums btw

9. eric_chaos

eric_chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you should try to avoid triple posting. There is an edit button