Noob Question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bonesone4, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Bonesone4

Bonesone4 New Member

What are summer boards??
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Summerboard is a launcher, a sort of replacement for the built-in Springboard launcher. It's skinnable, configurable, supports pagination and so on.
  3. Bonesone4

Bonesone4 New Member

ok i see thanks.

Please Register or Log in to view images

and one other thing, whats the point of that ssh thing too? I noticed its on my screen now but im not sure what its function is

Bones
  4. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    SSH is what allows your computer to move stuff between it and ur ipod.
  5. Paintball

Paintball New Member

You can use SSH to connect to your ipod with your computer. search for "WinSCP" if you want to get it working. But you probably dont need it. Also, if you arent using it, turn it off because it drains the battery, and it also poses a security threat for it because the password is the same on all ipods. You could change it if you wanted (search it), but if you keep it off, then you should be fine.
  6. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea i turn mine off, but remember when you want to make the ipod connect to your pc through wifi you need to turn it back on.
  7. Bonesone4

Bonesone4 New Member

Ok so I just went in and turned it off based on what u said, isnt there a way to get rid of it from my screen? or hide it or something? I dont want it on there

Bones
  8. Nayfe

Nayfe New Member

You canhide it by going ito customize, then manually reorder icons, then clk on the little eye next to it so its transparent... Problem solved

i'd say its not really needed, alot ofthgins that was used for SSH (like themes from this sit) have become available on installer so i just get mine off there mostly

9. ssh can be a pain in the ass, and like he said it is a security threat so ask someone for the link to the total commander program and the plugin and lets you browse your ipod touch/iphone in a disk mode kind of thing, no wifi required and really simple to