Noob on iPod ... help needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by JPduc848, Jul 13, 2010.

1. JPduc848

JPduc848 New Member

Hello All!

I bought an iPod Touch 2 days ago and i´m completely new to this type of hardware. I´ve read the manual and learned how to use iTunes (sort of).

I have two questions for you:

1) when watching youtube on the iPod Touch after i use the search engine it gives me the results for "most viewed", how do i change the search results for "upload date"? and wish to see the most recent videos not the most viewed.

2) how do i get movies to play on iTouch? on the iTunes store there´s no items for movies, only music, podcast, apps, ... no movies. How do i download movies, where from?

I´m very sorry if all this have been asked/answered before, you must imagine how hard it is for me to check all this posts searching for an answer, If it isn´t too much trouble i would appreciate your help.

If you have more tips such as best apps for the iPod i would deeply appreciate.

Thanks in advance!
    JP
  2. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Congrats on your new iPod

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyhow, on the YouTube app, go to the 'more' button on the right, and the first option is 'most recent' I'm pretty sure that's the only way to view videos in order of date, as for the movies, there's a 'videos' button on the iTunes store, where all the movies and tv shows are kept

as for the best apps, just flick through the app store, get the 'freeappaday' app, paid apps are made free for one day

good luck getting to grips with things
  3. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Don't forget openfeints app for their free app everyday also.

You can add video's you already have on your computer by going to iTunes then file> add new file/folder > Then find folder that has all videos or the one video. iPod Touch only plays mp4 from what I know.
  4. JPduc848

JPduc848 New Member

Unfortunately i don´t have here with me but i don´t remember that more button (bottom right)giving me the option do show the most recent movies

Regarding movies i don´t see the "videos" button you were talking about mate ... it´s a brand new ipod and i´ve installed the latest iTunes software so i must me missing something here ... i only have acess to "songs", "albums" and "podcasts"

Sorry ... i told you i as a noob

------------------double post merged------------------
    WAIT!!!

I´ve changed location on my iTunes from Portugal to UK and now i have the option for MOVIES and TV PROGRAMMES

Why on earth i dont´get movies tab by default just because i live in Portugal??
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Is there any chance one can tell me if buying an UK movie gives you the option for the subtitles in Portuguese? Since i dont have any movie on my iPod i don´t know if you get the option for the subtitles...

Sorry for all the sudden questions.

Cheers
  5. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have no idea why you didn't have movies and tv shows available when your location was set to portugal

regarding the subtitles, I dont think you can get subtitles for movies bought on itunes, you can download movies with subtitles from the internet, and then move them to your ipod, but make sure their either .MP4 or .M4V format because those are the only two that work on the ipod. As for the recent videos button,

Ignore the circled sign in button, but it shows 'most recent' on the top

6. JPduc848

JPduc848 New Member

Thanks Lingo! as soon as i get home from work i will give it go mate!!

The subtitles were needed just in case i download some kids movies for my little one

I set my i Tunes account to Portugal, is there a way to cancel the account and start a new one in the UK?

Thanks guys!
  7. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm pretty sure you can just edit your existing account, try signing on to itunes when you get back and go on your account details

8. JPduc848

JPduc848 New Member

Hi there Lingo!

I´m sorry to bother you with again but i´ve tried the Youtube stuff you told me and it didn´t work out for me

I´ll try to explain again: when you search for a video for example Muse, the iPod gives me a list of videos and place the videos in the most views order (more to less), and what i want it do is to show me the Muse videos starting from the last entry and so on. I´ve tried what you told me and it still gives me the most views and i need to cycle down all the way untill i see the last videos posted. As you can imagine if it´s a popular subject it will take me ages to get there.

Hope my explanation will help for you to give me a hint of how to solve this.

Many thanks
    JP
  9. Bajingo Lingo

Bajingo Lingo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I dont think that there is a way to show the latest videos posted on a particular search

I've just tried on my touch, it looks like they didn't include that feature on the Ipod, Looks like your going to have to scroll for the time being

10. JPduc848

JPduc848 New Member

That´s really a must have feature for youtube ... can´t understand why it is not included by default. No one will want to cycle all the movies in one category to see the last updated movie...

I´ve seen a youtube navigator app for the iPod Touch does anyone knows if it solves the problem?

Thanks