Noob needs help with Cydia (MxTube)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by spvn, Aug 1, 2008.

1. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can't seem to find Mxtube in Cydia no matter how hard I search. I've been searching around the forums for the answer to this question but I still can't seem to find it.

I've tried installing all the sources under "more package sources" but i always get the error "source error" while installing these sources. No idea if this is what's affecting it.

Anything I'm doing wrong? When I go to Featured Packages and hit MxTube it tells me something like a certain url source cant be found among my current sources and "suggests that I install more sources".

Help please? thanks.
  2. fha11

fha11 New Member

Had the same exact problem, n it agitated me past the point of belief, to see that everyone was enjoyin' it before me, just because Cydia was slow on the part on updating the package lists.. I tried re-installing Cydia, SSHing n tweeking its permissions, even searching around random forums to see why Cydia wont list it.. However today in the morning, when i refreshed my package list, Mxtube did show up, so try today... Anyone know why Cydia is updating the source lists a day late?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Had the same exact problem, n it agitated me past the point of belief, to see that everyone was enjoyin' it before me, just because Cydia was slow on the part on updating the package lists.. I tried re-installing Cydia, SSHing n tweeking its permissions, even searching around random forums to see why Cydia wont list it.. However today in the morning, when i refreshed my package list, Mxtube did show up, so try today... Anyone know why Cydia is updating the source lists a day late?
  3. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well for some reason, some people's cydia's keeps getting updated slower. wait it out a bit and see if its there.
  4. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ok this is seriously getting on my neres... Up till today I still can't get Mxtube... they're still telling me the source cannot be found...
  5. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    wow, thats odd. umm check if you have the bigboss repo
  6. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yes I do and under the "M" section of the big boss repo i only see Macman, Maximum Bluetooth Battery and Metronome. No Mxtube...
  7. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    have you tried reinstalling bigboss's repo?
  8. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i just did and it still isn't working. this is damn frustrating and strange....
  9. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    In Cydia go to Manage. Choose Cydia Community Sources and hit modify. Then choose "Reinstall". Re-load Cydia. If that doesn't work go back into Manage and choose Cydia Installer, then press Modify. Reinstall it. Reload Cydia.

Alternatively you can open up MobileTerminal and type "su". Put in your password (default is "mobile")

then type

Code:
    apt-get install MxTube
  10. spvn

spvn New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    none of that works. This is getting damn frustrating, i cant even get a program next to EVERYONE has.

at times i do get a posix error, but after trying a few times it stops showing any errors, but when i hit mxTube it STILL shows me "The package com.mxweas.mxtube cannot be found in your current sources. I might recommend installing more sources".

and when I try the Terminal thing, it says something like the package MxTube cannot be found...

argh...