iOS 3.1 Noob jailbreak question

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by viperGTS, Nov 8, 2009.

1. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What is the difference between tethered and untethered? Also is i jailbreak will all lose all my applications/songs/movies/everything?
  2. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    tethered means that when you turn off your ipod you will have to plug it back in to the computer and run a program if you want it to turn back on. If you are using blackra1n for the ipt 3g 3.1.2 you will not lose anything unless something goes wrong and u have to restore.
  3. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So if i JB my iPod but i dont feel like having it anymore do i just restore it? Can i make a backup first? And will it really never turn on again unless i connect it to a computer?
  4. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

- You can restore it if you do not want it jailbroken anymore.

- Go ahead and make a backup of your ipod before you jailbreak. Then after you restore to get rid of the jailbreak you can restore from backup. If you purchase any apps/music while your device is jailbroken just transfer it to itunes dont make a backup. DONT make a backup or restore from backup while you are jailbroken.

- Yes it really wont turn on it will be unresponsive. mite have a white screen or something I dont have a ipod touch 3g. But ya it will either be nothing or just white. In the tutorial on how to tether jailbreak it will tell you what to do when u plug in your device there is a program u have to run to get your ipod to turn on
  5. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Alright thanks! And sorry for all my questions lol, i just dont want to brick my iPod. Ill probably hold off until an untethered jailbreak is released, although i might change my mind... anyway thanks!
  6. DarkKnIgHt007

DarkKnIgHt007 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

No prob. thats what i did. too scared of bricking to go with tethered. But the fact is there is no possible way to brick the ipod; DFU+Restore always works
  7. iptlolage123

iptlolage123 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can't you still turn it on but just without the jailbreak