Noob 2.x upgrade question. Show mercy!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by KalleKanin, Sep 21, 2008.

1. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    OK, I know all of this info is probably already available here somewhere, but I feel a bit overwhelmed and confused right now, so:

I have an old 8GB iPod Touch running a jailbroken 1.1.4 and I have a Mac. Is the correct upgrade procedure for me to update my iTunes, then buy the 2.0 upgrade package followed by the Pwnage tool for Mac?

Will I be able to move things like fonts and applications to the bigger partition to get more app space as I did once before on the old firmware? Because I assume things will be back to square one after the upgrade.

Will I get my favorite toys back, such as WeDict, iSolitaire and Backgammon? And that battery charging image that I love but cannot remember what is called?

Will I still be able to go in with ftp?

Any problems reading PDFs?

Is all of this a good or a bad idea?
  2. Puredudes

Puredudes New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well what u can do if you want to save 10 dollars you can download the 2.0 software from whomever if you take that route you still get the updates from apple with the janurary pack.
    umm u may i don't rember but they did update it so you should be fine with the partion i have been fine with it and i have been on this for awhile now.
    i believe wedict is there and ull get even more games better than solitare and its on there too.
    i don't know about pdf
    amazing idea!
  3. KalleKanin

KalleKanin New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Perfect!

Great! Thanks a lot for clearing up my confusion! I'll go ahead and do it.

It has been almost a year since I was actively into all the jailbreak stuff and I seem to have lost grip completely of what is currently going on. But I'll get back into it. I think I will start by backing up old customized and downloaded files. And then proceed with the fun new stuff!

Thanks again!
  4. iPoTH4CK3R

iPoTH4CK3R Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You won't have to move fonts and such because the 2.0 firmware has huge space cut in for apps already due to the AppStore.
  5. budlightnmyhand

budlightnmyhand New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,
    I am currently using 1.4 and would like some of the features of 2.0 or 2.1. I have a few questions though. How well does the email client interact with exchange? Also i love the idea of being able to remote desktop into pc's will i be able to remote desktop to a windows 2008 server or windows vista?

Thanks in advance!

Please Register or Log in to view images