noise...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hennessy, Apr 4, 2008.

1. hennessy

hennessy New Member

Hi,

i just wanted to ask if it is normal that you can hear noise when no music is played? if i pause the current song and lower the volume to zero, at the point when the music player "turns off" (the left ending of the volume slide), the noise stops. if i slide the volume button back to the right, it starts again. at about 70% volume the noise keeps getting louder with some cracking noise in between while sliding...
    i don't like that, though i can't hear it while playing music, just when i pause the playback. i wanted to buy in-ears (ep630 or mx300) but i'm afraid the noise will be louder with those sensitive earphones...

someone here who has similar noises and uses in-ears like the ones i mentioned?

EDIT tested on original apple earphones and some old, cheap sony earphones
  2. toomuchcaffeine

toomuchcaffeine New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    It is most likely because of your headphones or low-quality of the music... see if you hear any noise playing the music on your computer. Most likely, though, you just have cheap headphones.
  3. hennessy

hennessy New Member

as i said, the noise appears when the music is paused AND the noise is constant from 1% to about 70%. by the way, i use the original apple earphones
  4. robcoffee

robcoffee New Member

Do you still get the noise when you have WiFi turned off????
  5. toomuchcaffeine

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    As I said before, cheap headphones. ;0

But try to play the music on your computer and see if you still here the noise. If you don't, then plug in your headphones and see if you do. That will tell you if it is the headphones, music, or your iPod.
  6. hennessy

hennessy New Member

ok, i just tested the apple earphones on my computer sound system, same noise here. to make sure, i also plugged them into my old ipod mini, some noise, but not that loud. probably the earphnes really cause the noise. (thought apple stands for quality

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    but i'm still not sure if the creative or sennheiser phones i mentioned above don't produce any noise because i read a lot about the touch producing more noise than any other ipods before... anyone here who uses one of the phones with a touch?
  7. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Don't get the Creatives, I have them and they are noisy with my 32gb Touch.
    I'm gonna buy some EX71's I think.
  8. hennessy

hennessy New Member

thanks for the information. right now i keep searching for reviews and so on but it's hard to get a good one because everone tells something else. can you post your results of the ex71 when you tested them please?
  9. toomuchcaffeine

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm glad you found the issue.

Apple does like to keep a certain level of quality in their products, but their stock headphones have always been criticized for there poor sound. They are not the worst headphones you can get, but far from the best.
  10. Vision_Again

Vision_Again New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Rob can you please PM me bac