iPhone 4 No you cant have 2,160 apps on your Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jse1988, Jul 28, 2010.

1. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    I thought this was funny, very interesting article.

Source
    http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/07/01/counting-and-filing-the-iphone-apps/#more-2475
  2. KerrWasHere

KerrWasHere Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    or an easier one, you cant have 2000 apps because if you try to search them on spotlight springboard crashes instantly
  3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    “@pogue, actually, it’s 2149,” wrote my Twitter follower mtisher66. “There’s no way to create the last folder, because you don’t have two icons to drop onto one another!”

You can drag one out of an existing folder, so kinda wrong.
  4. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    ok then how do you download the last app? it needs a place to sit (i assume it wont go into a folder to download)

Wait. if you drag out of another folder, does it let you keep holding it and place it to another? or does it need a place on SB to sit until you drag it to another folder?

we can sue apple for false advertising if we can prove it! lol
  5. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I think there will be a memory problem too. I doubt a 16 gig or even a 32 gig iphone can fit all 2,149 apps on it's hdd
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    64 GB iPT3G might.

If you have like 2 songs.
  7. Draco_Red

Draco_Red Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm sorry, but am I the only one who thinks that this is an absurd point of contention? I mean, honestly, if you have even a few hundred apps, you're never going to use them all. Why clog up your phone with a bunch of redundant and poorly designed copycat apps, when you can just choose the best ones and ignore the rest. I mean really, how many different apps do you need to make farting noises? Given the diet that I would presume most of the people here have, you probably don't even need one app to fulfill that purpose.
  8. magic8ball88

magic8ball88 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You can get all 2,160 apps on if you sync with your computer. I think.... But I have about 30 and I rarely use even those 30.
  9. jse1988

jse1988 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    LMAO the farting statement was hilarious, i dont think anyone would want to do this, but this article goes along perfectly with all the apple scandals going on, they LIED about our app count! lol jk

anyone try directly moving one app from a folder to another folder without dropping it on the Springboard? i dont have ios4

oh and if anyone can try and download the 2160 apps to see if they will download directly into a folder. think small apps so you have a chance to actually get them all! lol
  10. bahamutspirit

bahamutspirit New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    How about using iTunes to create that folder?