No Wifi =(

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by famous553, Jul 13, 2008.

1. famous553

famous553 New Member

Apr 24, 2008
    today i get home from work and i go to get out of my car and my ipod touch falls out of my pocket and into the gutter. unfortunately my neighbor was washing his car at the time and water happened to be flowing my way. so i grab it of out the water as quick as i can. it was maybe in it for 2 seconds and i turn it off and dry it as quick as i can. i let it sit for an hour or so and turn it on and everything works fine. then i go to check my email and i find that my wifi isn't responding. i go to the settings and it says "no wifi".

i did have it jailbroken. and i did reset it to factory settings. so is my best bet to turn it back into apple? will they check for water damage? cuz i don't want to have to pay another 100 or so to get it replaced because i have mounting college bills to pay.

i've had it since november so it should still be covered by apple warranty right?

today is a sad day

2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

Feb 27, 2008
    that sucks! u most likely will hafta take it back but if u search around here there is a thread titled 5 ways to get a new ipod if u look at it its ways to get apple to give u a new one for free
  3. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

Apr 26, 2008
    take a hair dryer to it for a good 3 hours, that should remove any traces of water damage if you indeed have to ship it back in, that's what I did with one of my cellphones once