No WiFi?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mbeal08, Nov 20, 2008.

1. mbeal08

mbeal08 New Member

Im running 1.1.5 (not jailbroken) and my ipod says that there is no wifi.... As if the wifi had somehow been disabled. I have no clue what to do.
  2. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

please be more specific.

do you have a wifi connection? if you don't, you must have..

what is your internet connection? if you are connected by an Ethernet cable,

you must have a wireless router, so that your ipod can detect your internet connection.

if you have one of those, and you still can't connect to wifi, i suggest a restore. update to Firmware 2.x.

that should fix.

hope it helps.
  3. mbeal08

mbeal08 New Member

lol thats as specific as it gets... I go into the settings screen and it says no wifi and its in gray and it wont let me click it to bring up the screen where it would give me the list of available connections.
  4. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

lol, i'm trying to help. hmm. nvm.

restore? upgrade to 2.1
  5. mbeal08

mbeal08 New Member

really a strange problem never have had anything like this happen.... I tried a simple restore and the results were fruitless. I tried to downgrade to 1.1.1 just to see if there would be a difference. After the itunes extracted the software it said that the ipod could not be restored (error message 20) so i am hesitant to upgrade thinking that the upgrade may not work or may not fix my problem.
  6. dashwood03

dashwood03 New Member

it will work, i guarantee you. download the latest version of itunes, then try upgrading to 2.x.
  7. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    This happens if the internal WiFi radio is physically damaged. Happened to me before. Have you been on WiFi for so long? Did the iPod get too hot??
  8. mbeal08

mbeal08 New Member

That could have happened as I left the ipod off for about two weeks before noticing the problem.... am I out of luck then?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    is there a way to fix a wifi that has been physically damaged?
  9. orecinos84

orecinos84 New Member

The same happens to my iPod today; it is a Itouch 2nd G 16 G, and occurs when iTunes made the update to firmware 2.2. Can someone help me. I already try to restore it and nothing happen.

Thanks