No volume control, please help

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theclincher01, Dec 3, 2009.

1. theclincher01

theclincher01 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have read one other thread about this problem i have but it did not help. Anyway, today i dropped my 16g 1st gen ipod touch (3.1.2, jailbroken) in the snow, but i picked it right back up and brushed it off. When I plugged in a headphone jack, the volume control did not show up, and i cannot adjust my sound. I read the other thread which said to reset, which I did, to no avail. I got sbsettings volume control, no dice. I then put qtip in the volume jack with no cotton on it, and when i pushed it in the volume control came up once again. But when i put my and a few other sets of headphones in, it doesn't show up.This is very distressing to me, as i do not have the money to replace this ipod if it is indeed broken. Any help at all is seriously appreciated.
  2. Michael09

Michael09 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try restoring your itouch completely.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's a hardware problem, some snow must've melted and got into the headphone jack. Anyways, try the bowl of rice trick, but other then that, I don't think there's much else you can do. If anything, bring it to Apple, see what they can do, but you may be iPod-less for awhile.
  4. Anonymoose23

Anonymoose23 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Make sure, you're not Jailbroken if you take it to Apple though...