iOS 4.0 No touch, no wi-fi

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kolko, Aug 2, 2010.

1. kolko

kolko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Long story short, after dropping my iPod 3G in the water, everything seems to work, apart from the touch screen and the wi-fi chip.

Is there a way, through a jailbreak, to regain some of the functionality of the iPod through the buttons? I'm specifically looking for the music, video's and iBooks apps. Perhaps it's possible to use the volume, home and sleep-wake buttons on the iPod and the volume buttons on the earphones to control it somehow?

Thanks for your time, I'm not really hoping for anything but I thought I might as well ask.
  2. Daan789

Daan789 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    With activator from cydia you can start alot of things with the ipod buttons only. However, you will need to use your touchscreen to configure the settings. If you use software from the internet to control your ipod from your computer, it could be possible.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    I just checked, and its possible to start any app you have with (for example) double tapping the home-button or hold the homebutton for 3 seconds. Just look for some software to control your ipod from your computer
  3. kolko

kolko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My problem is that all programs I've found to control the iPod via a PC use VNC, and VNC uses the iPod's wi-fi, which I cannot use.

I'll look into it though.
  4. Daan789

Daan789 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Im sure its possible to control the ipod via USB. Check youtube, im sure you will be able to find it. Good luck!
  5. kolko

kolko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I've discovered Veency can be controlled over USB, but that still requires that I install it through cydia, which I cannot do (no wi-fi) and I can't even use the auto-install in cydia because that still requires me to open cydia (no touch).
  6. Daan789

Daan789 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Maybe theres another solution for this. If you shh into your ipod, you should be able to add veency to your apps. SHH is possible without wifi, use Diskaid for that. thats works perfect for me without wifi. I dont know how to add veency to your ipod via shh, but im almost sure its possible. It will take alot of time but im sure its possible to control your ipod with the buttons only. good luck again!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. kolko

kolko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Oh, great, can't even jailbreak it, the jailbreak goes via safari.

I might just give this up, it's hopeless...
  8. Daan789

Daan789 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had the same problem as you, i just bought a new ipod.
  9. kolko

kolko New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It just feels like quite a waste of money.
  10. Daan789

Daan789 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    READ THE END OF THIS POST FIRST!
    Ok i did dome research and i found out its possible to add veency to your ipod using diskaid (ssh via usb cable).
    So here's a litle tutorial, i didnt test it but i think you should give it a try

1. Download DiskAid from
    http://www.digidna.net/products-downloads
    and install it

2. Download PuTTy (windows) or Terminal (Mac) (search for the download links yourself)

2. Connect your ipod touch and see if you can acces the root folder of it in Diskaid. (If you can't, you are screwed, tutorial stop's here, buy a new ipod XD)

3. Download veency from here: http://apt.saurik.com/debs/veency_0.9.2972-1_iphoneos-arm.deb

rename the file into veency.deb

4. SSH the veency.deb into /tmp on the iPhone/iPod using Diskaid

Then use PuTTy (Windows) or Terminal (Mac) and connect to the iPod and run the following command: dpkg -i /tmp/veency.deb

5. If it went good, veency is installed on your ipod now. Run veency on your pc and try to connect to your ipod so you can download activator and configure its settings

Good luck with this. I hope to hear from you if it worked

Skip my tutorial!!! I just discovered a way easyer way!! Download Cyder to install cydia apps on your ipod touch without wifi, using the usb-cable. Just google Cyder and download it but this video could be very helpful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbY09rxtpmk&feature=related
    Omg i feel so stupid now. I didnt notice your post saying you are not jailbroken. I guess theres no solution for your problem then. im sorry i cant help