"No suported calendar application can be Found"

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Steve Q, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Steve Q

Steve Q New Member

I am new to the iPod touch (just 2 days). I love it, but I cannot get it to sync my Outlook calendar. Everything else is working great. I haved searched here and on the Apple site but I cannot find any information on how to resolve the "No suported calendar application can be Found" error message I get in iTunes. The computer I am using has all the MS Office applications.

Is there some trick to get iTunes to search for the calendar in Outlook? It has found and correctly sync'ed my "contact" list in Outlook.

Thanks for the help!
    Steve Q
  2. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Ok you have to make sure the version of outlook you have is after 2002. I had the same problem initially. If you don't have a newer version, try downloading the trial of the latest office programme form microsoft...sync your ipod and then delete the trial. Surorisingly ourlook still continues to sync...or least it has for me!!!
  3. Steve Q

Steve Q New Member

Patty,

Thanks for the help. What an adventure! I was using Office for Windows XP. In order for me to upgrade to Outlook 2007, I had to completely uninstall the old version of Office and install the entire trial Office 2007 suite (511MB). This took 4 hours because I had to install it 3 times before I got everything right. In the process I lost my network setup (somehow my IP address got set to a different value).

Now I have the whole Office 2007 suite up and running as a trial for 60 days. I'm not sure if I will upgrade permanently (It's a bit pricey for me) so I will run with it until the trial expires. Then I will go back to Office XP if necessary. I hope all my data files are backwards/forwards compatible.

Anyway, now when I sync the iTouch, the calendar and addressbook show up in the ipod -- very sweet!

Thanks for your help!

Steve Q
  4. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Sorry it was such a trial...I didn't buy the new suite either. I just uninstalled the trial version of office suite 2007 throuch add/ remove programmes and for some reason my outlook keeps syncing!! Hope it works for you after all the hassle you've been through....now I'm going to be worrying about compatibility of your files!!!!
  5. Steve Q

Steve Q New Member

Patty,

I have reinstalled Office XP. I reinstalled all the apps except Outlook in a seperate location. Now I have both the trial version of Office 2007 and the older version of Office XP working. To avoid any issues with files being back/forward compatible, I will continue to use the XP version for all my Excel and Word files. Being able to sync with the iTouch is important for me so I will deal with Outlook issues a few days before the Office 2007 trial expires.

Maybe I can find a way to get Outlook 2007 by itself, without the other Office apps.

Steve Q