No springboard space?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by longtrousers, Nov 27, 2007.

1. longtrousers

longtrousers New Member

Hi, have one space left on my springboard but when i install more apps they dont show up, , do i have to delete some apps?
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Install SummerBoard. Then you can swipe left and right to flip pages.
  3. longtrousers

longtrousers New Member

I already have summerboard installed, i cant flip pages.
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

So the dots don't appear just above the dock indicating additional pages? I'd uninstall and reinstall, just in case something got bunged in the download.
  5. iKuro

iKuro New Member

restart your sspringboard and may be solved

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

SummerBoard needs to be Active. Reboot your iPod and check in SMBPrefs. At the very bottom of the menu, it will say either Active or Inactive. If it is inactive, reboot again. Sometimes it takes a couple of reboots times before it is all set.

If it is already active, are you out of space? If so, just move your Apps to private/var/Applications and create a SymLink to it. The instructions are posted in several places on this forum. If you have already done that, is your iPod fully loaded with Music, Videos, and Pictures? If so, delete some things.

However, given that you don't know how to either hide apps or uninstall apps via Installer, I'll bet that it's just the first case, that SummerBoard needs to be activated.

Good luck,
    Skylar
  7. longtrousers

longtrousers New Member

Summerboard is active. When i install an app, it said i have to delete songs and videos to free disk space. I have 108.6 MB audio 108.6 MB, other 85.5 MB, free space 14.65 GB. I am not running out of space???. I also tried the /var/Applications, but i cant find applications, the only folder starting with an A is "Address book". So, i unstalled some apps for space on springboard, i then installed 2 apps, none showed up on springboard. I have come to the conclusion that my itouch is f***ed up!.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

you have to move the folder then create a symlink. Until you do that, you will keep getting the "running low on space" message.