No sound on 2.0!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by Lensflare, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Lensflare

Lensflare New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Wow now this is an epic fail straight from Apple. I've never heard of anyone with this problem, but man what a big problem it is.

I tried the free firmware; didn't work, so I bought the $10 upgrade. 1 hour later, all my music and all my apps were on there fine. Sound works, had to restart a few times, but everything was great.

Now suddenly I can't get sound with my apps! Well, I can, but I have to load an app, press play on the double-home interface, then press pause. Then, sound is enabled on that app. Until I restart that app.

Although an annoyance, it gets worse. With apps like AOL radio where you have to pause and play, it won't work. No sound AT ALL. Which is the MAIN app I want sound on!!!!!

I've tried restarting, syncing with iTunes and turning Sound Effects off and on in Settings. I hate this, and it's a big letdown. I've had MUCH, MUCH better stability on jailbroken 1.1.1 and 1.1.4. I know this might be a freak accident or something, but I'd like to know if anyone else has conquered this issue.

Thanks,
    Lensflare

UPDATE:

Alright, I figured I had nothing so I clicked Reset All Settings. What do you know? It worked. I realize that I should have done this first, but I didn't.

So if anyone has this problem, just reset all your settings!
  2. aznballer937

aznballer937 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i had the same problem too! like band didnt work.. and than pianist.. and then super monkey ball!
    well i tried resetting all setting, and it fixed the problem! thx for the solution Lensflare

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey
    I just had the same problem with my 3g iphone. I couldnt hear any message tones or any sound, i just restarted and all is well now. Not sure what hapened.
  4. mitcharr

mitcharr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    do you have enigmo? For some reason enigmo has the ability to mute the device volume, if you do go into it and click setting then fix it, this happened to me and I was frantically rebooting then figures this out
  5. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Settings --> General --> Reset --> Reset All Settings
  6. mercury7

mercury7 New Member

for some reason I have to use pandora to adjust volume for other apps like light saber
  7. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Uhhmmm.... You welcom
  8. jstringham21

jstringham21 Banned

You realize you need headphones for the Touch, right?