No sound in Messenger Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by EnigmaTL, Jul 9, 2008.

1. EnigmaTL

EnigmaTL New Member

Wheather I run Fring or Agile Messenger, when new messages arive, I get no sound on my iPod Touch. I don't hear it through the built-in speaker (which clicks when you enter keys and makes a sound when you lock or unlock the iPod Touch) but I also get no sound when I have PC speakers or a headset plugged into the phones jack. Is there any way to get either of these two messenger programs to make a sound when a new incoming message comes in? You'd think this would be a big deal to someone yet I haven't seen any talk on this. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. EnigmaTL

EnigmaTL New Member

Can anyone help with this?
  3. Xandu

Xandu New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Nope, external sound only works for iPhones.
  4. EnigmaTL

EnigmaTL New Member

Ok. So, does this mean that eventhough the iPod touch DOES make sounds (clicks and tones for keyboard and powerup and lock through it's somewhat internal speaker and music and video sounds through external speakers) that the iPod Touch can not make sounds in applications? Can anyone explain why if they know? Is it an SDK issue or something? Because unless I'm misunderstanding, I can't see how the touch is incapable of producing sounds.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Hmm. I'm amazed at the lack of interest or explanation on this. There's got to be a large number of people out there who when they hear about jailbreaking, they think to themselves, "Yay, I wonder if this means I can use messengers, if so, I'm in." and obviously, those people wouldn't expect to have to pull the touch out of their pocket ever few minutes to see if there's a number on the messenger icon showing that someone sent them a message. Had I known that, I would not have purchased an iPod touch. I would have instead gotten an iPhone since it plays a sound when you get a message. ESPECIALLY since I hunted for those cool looking black plugin speakers that someone on youtube has (and had to get them from Austrailia). They're great speakers and the touch is a great little device. I just wish this little piece of information was a little more out there because something tells me that many people, when they hear about jailbreaking, they think about messaging. And if your messenger doesn't beep, what use is it? I'm just puzzled though. How is it "not possible" for the iPod touch to produce sound in video and music through speakers and even clicks and beeps through it's somewhat built in speaker and messenger apps can not produce sound? Does this make sense to anybody and is it such an off the wall topic that nobody should be replying (verses oh say, the endless threads of "should we upgrade to 2.0?" lol)